Assigning a dhcp reservation

Assigning a dhcp reservation

Highlighted
Contributor bachmann1234
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(8,481 Views)

Hi,

I recently noticed how my westell 6100g modem provided by verizon is also a router.

This causes some problems since I have the thing connected to an apple airport extreme router which I connect all my devices to.

I thought I had the problem solved by making the airport a bridge and for the most part I did. Except for one thing.I have an old printer which cannot seem to get an ip through dhcp unless I assign one using a dhcp reservation. 

Here is my question: Can I either

1. Turn the router portion of the westell modem off so it just provides a direct connection. THAT way I can use the apple router functionality instead? (I'd rather do this)

2. Assign a dhcp reservation in the westell modem so my printer works.

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(8,446 Views)

@bachmann1234 wrote:

1. Turn the router portion of the westell modem off so it just provides a direct connection. THAT way I can use the apple router functionality instead? (I'd rather do this)

I point to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.