Bait & switch? Rep lowered my internet price, then changed terms.
stoneybrook57

I can't seem to get any support help with this, chat never works and i get hung up on the phone.

On October 20 , Verizon gave me a lower internet price, but told me I had to sign a contract for 2 years even though the price would only be lowered for a year.  I told them I did not see how this made sense, and that i did not want to go along with this.  The rep then told me that she could offer NO contract for $10 more than the first offer, and I repeatedly asked "so i will NOT be under a 2 year contract with this offer?" and she said "thats correct" - I reviewed my order and there was nothing about a 2 year contract so i signed electronically.  I then receive an email a few days later with my new order, and at the bottom it says i am under a 2 year contract with an early termination fee!!!!

I also noticed this month I was charged my OLD price, with no reductions that we agreed to.

0 Likes
Re: Bait & switch? Rep lowered my internet price, then changed terms.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi stoneybrook57,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes