Basic Question - does modem come separately from filters?
ack150

Okay, so I'm just starting out with DSL, and I got the startup instructions that came with the filters.  However, I signed up with the package that comes with the free wireless modem, and that wasn't in the package with the filters.  Does that come separately?  (I know, I'm **bleep**, but I don't want to contact Verizon if it's going to come in a few days anyway)

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Re: Basic Question - does modem come separately from filters?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Quick quote from

@http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-dsl-filter.htm wrote:

A DSL filter is not required if the split method is used.

, perhaps you are using the split method?

#2 I have DSL already, but I when I got DSL it came with Filters.

Perhaps they changed the policy?

Perhaps they made a mistake?

-
If need be: Go out to a store that sells any phone equipment (ex: Radio Shack), and buy them. If you need them, you need them on every device expect the DSL modem.
0 Likes
shadowmind
Enthusiast - Level 3
I think the OP was stating  that they have currently recieved their self install instructions with the DSL filters included but did not recieve there modem. What I would suggest is calling Customer Service and letting them know that you did not recieve it, it could be a simple error on their part because i highly doubt they would ship the needed equipment in two seperate shipments, 1) it is not going to make your "Self Install any easier" and 2) it would cost VZ more money and im pretty sure they dont wanna spend anything more than needed. Give them a call and find out, hope this helps.Smiley Wink
0 Likes
jsbnlb

I am a new subscriber and ordered my DSL service online and they sent the filters and other materials without the modem. I called and eventually spoke with someone that it was a mistake and they shipped my wireless modem immediately. I just got the modem today.

I think there is an issue with the online ordering and the free modem offer not being communicated on the submitted order. Just give them a call and they will ship you the modem.

0 Likes