Best DSL Modem for using with VPN?
BAnsl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I currently have Verizon DSL through a Westell B90-210015-04 - which does not support my Cisco VPN Router which I need to access my office network from home.

What is the best Verizon-supplied Modem that will support this, I hear that the D90-327(W) will do it.

Also, is there any problem in getting a different Modem from Verizon - just a phone call does it?

Any extra cost involved?

Thanks,

Bryan.

0 Likes
Re: Best DSL Modem for using with VPN?
BAnsl
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, so as I got no replies from the Forum, I called Verizon - and the guy tells me that "any" of their modems will support VPN.

So, is there anyone who has got a Westell B90-210015-04 to connect directly into a VPN Router?

Because as soon as I do that, I lose all internet connectivity.

I have to connect the Westell modem to a LinkSys router, then connect the VPN Router into the LinkSys.

I would like this the other way around, i.e. the VPN connected to the Modem and the LinkSys connected to the VPN Router, but as I said, doing this loses all Internet connectivity.

Thanks,

Bryan.

0 Likes
Re: Best DSL Modem for using with VPN?
Ask_UT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

It is correct that all the verizon routers/modem will support VPN. Just ensure your modem is in bridge mode (Verizon can help you with that).

Keep the connectivity configuration on Linksys, it should work.

Once you have internet connectivity, please get VPN provider in conference to solve the issue. Verizon Expert Care Premium Technical support should be able to help you (its a paid service).

Ask UT 🙂

0 Likes