Blocking Ligitimate Incoming E-mail?
yunzer

This a recurring problem. 

Verizon continues to block e-mail from zcommunications.org and zmag.org. 

I have them on my whitelist on my e-mail settings.  I have also sent them a whitelist request.  The previous year, it was fixed for a while, but now it is blocked again.   I checked the e-mail settings - still there.  I re-sent the whitelist request -no result.

This is a well-known US political magazine and website.  They only send e-mail to subscribers, and access to e-mail from their domains is needed to manage accounts and personal blog spaces.

I am at wits end over this.

0 Likes
Re: Blocking Ligitimate Incoming E-mail?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

First things first, you need to find out whether the senders at zcommunications.org and zmag.org are getting a bounceback message.

If they ARE getting a bounceback:

Fill out the whitelist form located at verizon.net/whitelist for each domain. If you do not get an email or a call back about this request after a week, get ahold of Verizon tech support and have a full bounceback message available. They will need to send it to the appropriate department for review.

If they are NOT getting a bouceback:

Set your Spam Detector to save spam messages to the spam folder. The messages should show up there. You can use the "Not Spam" button and/or send a copy of the message that was blocked as an attachment to spamdetector.update@verizon.net to have them review it and update the filter.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
yunzer

"If you do not get an email or a call back about this request after a week, get ahold of Verizon tech support and have a full bounceback message available."

How could i have a bounceback message avaialble???   If they are being sent, they are being sent to Znet, no me.   Znet does not have the resources to deal with every Verizon customer who is having e-mail problems due to Verizon's over zealous, and possibly ideologically-motivated e-mail blocking.

It is Verzon's job to make Verizon customers happy, not  Znet's.

Otherwise you didn't tell me anything I didn't know or checked already.  Like i wrote, I went through this process a year ago  but they have now imposed the block again.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Have znet forward you a copy (to a non-verizon email address, such as yahoo or gmail), or suggest that they fill out the whitelist form themselves, as directed in the bounceback they are getting.

The reason it is znet's responsibility to assist in correcting this issue is because it is their email practices that cause them to be blocked. This is a dynamic system, they are blocked if they violate mail thresholds. If they are unblocked and violate thresholds again, they will be blocked again. Verizon isn't just picking domains at random and saying, "Hm, we blocked znet yesterday, let's block... How about Gmail today?"

0 Likes