Bonding, aggregation, multi-homing, teaming DSL connections
Dizzit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does Verizon support DSL bonding? (Connection aggregation/teaming)

The available MAX internet speed package available to us is a measily 3x1mbps. Speed test average about half that. There is however no limit to the quanity of DSL subscriptions we can aquire.

I found a few very nice multi-homing routers... But it will be pointless if Verizon doesn't support it on their end. At best I could setup load-balancing if verizon doesn't support the desired service. But I much rather bond.

Does anyone know  if Verizon supports this or has tried this type of setup? If so, what trends do I need to be aware of? 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bonding, aggregation, multi-homing, teaming DSL connections
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

No bonding support on Verizon's end unless you order something like Metro-E and have it delivered over e.SHDSL.

You could use a VPN that supports bonding, in addition to a Gateway on your end with such support to create a single connection. Handy if you have a VPS in a datacenter near your home.

View solution in original post

Re: Bonding, aggregation, multi-homing, teaming DSL connections
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

No bonding support on Verizon's end unless you order something like Metro-E and have it delivered over e.SHDSL.

You could use a VPN that supports bonding, in addition to a Gateway on your end with such support to create a single connection. Handy if you have a VPS in a datacenter near your home.