Calling Support
RamblingSid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had on and off problems with connectivity with my HiSpeed DSL for a couple of days now.  Called support this morning and the recorded voice walked me through a few reboots and when it finally came to the part where I needed to speak to a person I was asked what OS I am running.  Told the voice that it was Mac and then it proceeded (on two occassions) to try and put me through to a number that came back to say it wasn't in use.  As it happened after the 2nd time my modem seemed to connect and hence I can write this.  Is there anyway, and I do say please, get on my knees and pray to the modem, that we can get an actual human being on the line........!!!!!

My problems is with connecting to the internet via my westall 6100G router, often it will drop off line, when that happens all the lights flash continually and it is impossible to use the internet.  Rebooting the modem (and wifi router) sometimes will get me back to 3 green lights after a while, but mostly it will come up with a red light on the internet light, which if left alone, for about 10 minutes will sometimes turn green and allow me to connect.

After reading a few posts I have to report that the weather has been fine for the last few days, no rain.  This problem only started to happen about a week ago for no apparent reason at all.  At first I thought they were just working with the line as it was coming back without rebooting.

I have no faith in Verizon, following Sandy I was without telephone/internet for about 4 weeks.  After 2 weeks a tech came and said he was going to change over the pairs, which he did at my house and said he was going to the sub station to do it there.  2 weeks later we managed to get another tech out, he was quick to state he had been on vacation, but he found that the pairs hadn't been switched over at the sub station.........

Well that felt better to get off my chest, but I would like to be able to talk to a tech/representative of Verizon, due to the fact my problem doesn't really fall within the automated voices scope of expertize.

0 Likes
Re: Calling Support
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I usually either keep pressing 0 or keep saying the word agent until a real person picks up.

0 Likes
Re: Calling Support
RamblingSid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried hitting the 0 but the voice just kept on with its script.  Will try yelling agent next time.  However on a lighter note. it looks as if we are all working at the moment, most problems seem to occur overnight.

0 Likes