Re: Can I get a replacement modem for free?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Getting below 2Mbps could have been from anything if the line was synced up correctly. People in my area due to a network side issue tend to get no more than 1.8Mbps on the 3Mbps plan. Those who have a good line and are not having network side issues (Junipers) tend to max out around 2600-2800kbps. Anyways, keep an eye on the line some more, especially the log. The DSL should never drop or lose PPPoE connectivity. My modem has never lost sync in the 5 years I've had it except during known outages, and a local business where I do computer work for has had the modem synced up since November with not one disconnect. Of course, I had their line repaired as it was having some big problems.
0 Likes
penn2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the information that was suggested. Any comments on if we need a new modem or if it's a connection speed issue that makes our internet crawl.

Main   My Network Firewall
Settings   Advanced System
Monitoring               Main  Transceiver Stats        

Transceiver Statistics Transceiver Revision 3.3.6.10.0.1 Vendor ID Code 4D54 Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt Data Path INTERLEAVED   Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 1376 448 Margin (dB) 6.1 21.0 Line Attenuation (dB) 35.2 27.0 Transmit Power (dBm) 15.9 11.9

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

No need for a new modem. Your line is in bad shape. You should be able to get 3Mbps and higher on that line if it can be improved. Locate your NID (See this FAQ on what a NID is: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317 ) and connect your modem to it. Once that is done and the modem has connected, provide your new Transceiver Statistics. Your NID is often located near your electrical meter or panel. Sometimes it is located on an extension pole if your property is a distance away from the road.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes