Can I get more speed for free?
brianh
I signed up for the 768Kbps/128Kbps plan about two years ago. Now that plan appears to be a higher speed of 1 Mbps / Upload up to 384 Kbps. Can I get upgraded this new speed for free?

0 Likes
Re: Can I get more speed for free?
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1
Call your sales office.  Go to the contacts us page and find out the number for you state.  You can also try logging into your account and see if there is an upgrade path under my account.
0 Likes
vztelecom
Contributor - Level 1

Some tech needs to answer this. Techman where are you ?

Now you may be able to actually get a better deal by taking a double or triple bundle with phone and internet and get the upgrade to the up to 1mbps and it might be cheaper, but it may or may not actually go faster depending on how far away you are from the central office, your speed will either remain the same or boost, so you don't lose out either way.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@brianh wrote:
I signed up for the 768Kbps/128Kbps plan about two years ago. Now that plan appears to be a higher speed of 1 Mbps / Upload up to 384 Kbps. Can I get upgraded this new speed for free?

It would depend on the local loop from the Co to your location. I had the same 768kbps service before FIOS was installed. It took sometime before they could get the line clean enough for the 1.5mbps. It may depend on the distance. They should be able to run a local loop test to qualify your line. You would need to contact them and they will need to put in a service request to have your line tested and upgraded if available. I incured no extra charge for the faster speed because it was currently priced at what I was paying. Sort of like the FIOS when it went from 15mbps to 20mbps. All I had to do was call and ask.
0 Likes
HelpDesk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi brian,

Please call us our 1-800-567-6789 to get a free upgrade to 1Mps absolutly for free.

The price would be same for you 768kbps speed

0 Likes