Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Can I get my email inported to Thunderbird

Anthona
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Can I get my email inported to Thunderbird

Message 1 of 5
(9,297 Views)
Can I import my webmail into TB? I prefer getting it there, so I don't have to open IE. If I can, could someone advise me in layman terms how to go about it? BTW, I don't recall if a cd came with the modem? If it did, I cannot find it where all my kept CD's are. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
dslr595148
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Re: Can I get my email inported to Thunderbird

Message 2 of 5
(9,215 Views)
I don't know how to import the e-mail, but you could set your e-mail client to use the E-mail Servers....

A Google search for *verizon email settings* found this.

--

Mail server settings

Incoming mail server (POP3): incoming.verizon.net
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outgoing.verizon.net
Your Verizon Online user name
Your Verizon Online password.

--

Good luck. Any questions on how and where to enter in these settings, please ask...
Message Edited by dslr595148 on 10-10-2008 05:31 PM

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Anthona
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(9,204 Views)
This is my second effort to reply to the above subject...for some reason, the authentication message said it failed....Why? I tried to setup Verizon in Thynderbird with the info given to me here and sending myself a test message failed it said it was unable to connect to smtp server verizon.net.
dslr595148
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Message 4 of 5
(9,170 Views)
While I do not have Thunderbird, it worked perfectly here.

And be sure that you type in the correct password, and it is case sensitive. "Password" is not the same as "password".

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(9,142 Views)
For  those who signed-up for Verizon/Yahoo (instead of Verizon/MSN), the servers are
Incoming mail server (POP3): incoming.yahoo.verizon.net
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.