Can anyone enlighten me?
GlenJohnson1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I try to play on Xbox Live, I get disconnected ONLY when I try to play online multiplayer.  I can sometimes play in a game for up to 2-3 minutes then get disconnected.  I check on my router and I still have Internet access and is working on my computer.  I can stay logged in on Xbox Live and play a single player game, it only happens in online multiplayer.  Is it my upload/download or my xbox?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can anyone enlighten me?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your statistics look just fine. Your speed should be increasing slowly as time goes on until you reach the full 7.1Mbps speed as it looks like Verizon had your line "optimized" from issues they saw with the signal from the old way you had it hooked up. So if the disconnects have stopped, expect one or two more followed by a speed increase. From there, the disconnects should no longer happen.

@xx_Tank_xx: If you haven't already, can you start another thread in this forum so that we can better help you?

View solution in original post

GlenJohnson1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also to add, this started about Friday.  Download is about 3.5-3.8  Upload is consistently .3 for the past several tests.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you on the 4-7Mbps package? Your upload speed is half of what it should be. Also, what equipment are you currently using, such as routers and modems?

GlenJohnson1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe I am on the 4-7.  Latest speedtest results: 4.5 Down .38 Up.  Router is GT704WG.

GlenJohnson1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Latest speedtest: 5.58 Download .54 Upload.  Removed phone filter, dont know why I had it on there.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have the disconnects stopped since removing the filter? The speeds have gone up for sure. If not, visit http://192.168.1.1/ and locate the Status page of the ActionTec. You'll see information such as Attenuation, Speed, SN Margin, and VC Information. Post up the information on this page as it will let us see how your physical circuit is doing. If you need a Login, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

xx_Tank_xx

I Got the same problem here?

0 Likes
GlenJohnson1
Enthusiast - Level 2

VPI:0

VCI:35

DSL Mode Setting: Auto

DSL Negotiated Mode: G.DMT

Connection Status: Showtime

Speed (down/up):  6208/640 Kbps

ATM QoS class: UBR

Output Power (Downstream/Upstream): 11.9/17.8 dBm

Attainable Rate (Downstream/Upstream):  10528/1152 Kbps

HEC Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 0/0

OCD Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 0/0

LCD Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 0/0

SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 20.1/21.0 dB

Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream):  14.5/ 9.0 dB

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your statistics look just fine. Your speed should be increasing slowly as time goes on until you reach the full 7.1Mbps speed as it looks like Verizon had your line "optimized" from issues they saw with the signal from the old way you had it hooked up. So if the disconnects have stopped, expect one or two more followed by a speed increase. From there, the disconnects should no longer happen.

@xx_Tank_xx: If you haven't already, can you start another thread in this forum so that we can better help you?

GlenJohnson1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the help!  Everything is all good now!