Can't Upload to YouTube
rudedog2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm unable to upload to YouTube. If I use YouTube's web uploader, it either takes forever (I've waited well over 12 hours), or gives me an error after a couple hours. I've tried Roxio's uploader, which usually fails right away. I've tried the uploader provided with PowerDirector, which fails during the final stages. Anybody have the same trouble?

Re: Can't Upload to YouTube
Hubrisnxs
Legend

are you trying to do this over wifi?   or wired? 

Try disabling your firewall and then try to send.  

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

As suggested, check your firewalls. If the modem's firewall is enabled, it might be in fact the problem with the uploads. Also check over any security suites to make sure that they are not blocking the connection to YouTube.

Lujah
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. For the last week i've been uploading heavy and then Friday and Saturday I got up some uploads but noticed one would just about triple the time it took the others to upload. Now on Sunday nothing would upload. I tried chrome and firefox and chrome would give me an 'oh snap' message and firefox 'unresponsive script' or they'd just freeze. 

I thought it might be youtube or verizon or myself. I did something i've done before which is try to share my connection with another pc in here. I disconnected the ethernet, d-link, and even turned off file sharing and still a problem. I deleted local area connection 2 and renamed the workgroup back to workgroup. I even restored the local area connection 1 to defaults to removed shared. Even restored verizon security suite to defaults. Still having errors. 

I tried downloading a movie froms starplay and it would fluctuate download kb from 6000 to 5 to 2. I turned the pc off (again) and resumed download of the movie and luckily it stayed at around 6400 like normal for me. Tried to upload a youtube video and this time it made it to 97% before a script error. But the preview pics are not moving like they usually do. So I don't know how to fix this thing. I think maybe i'll give it a few days of no uploading. Maybe I stressed something out. 

Well it uploaded even though the script error happened at 97%. I just didn't click an option and watched it continue to upload in the background. But I forgot to mention on youtube I keep getting this error where it will repeat the information of the video about 15 times when it should only be there once. But that's an issue for YouTube. 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The script error is probably showing where the issue is. I've honestly never had problems uploading files on the DSL that took weeks to finish. The script error is pointing to a software issue somewhere on the machine.

rudedog2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying over wifi, using a Westell 7500 combination modem/router. The firewall is disabled on the router.

0 Likes
WendellTate

I am also having the same problem

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes