Re: Can't make outgoing calls on VoIP but can receive incoming calls just fine - help!
LadyAustin

Sorry for being a pain but what is the reason to change my IP Address?  I finally figured how to get to the Web Based configuration for the current IP Address that is registered on the VoIP.  Which one would you like?

0 Likes
Re: Can't make outgoing calls on VoIP but can receive incoming calls just fine - help!
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@LadyAustin wrote:

Which one would you like?

Any between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.63

0 Likes
LadyAustin

Sorry that I haven't reply sooner, I have been out of town.  It doesn't allow me to edit the Current IP address. However,  I can change the WANConnection Type and the Non-DHCPIP Address (which I did change).  Also, how do you upload a word doc which has the images

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

@LadyAustin wrote:

Also, how do you upload a word doc which has the images

#1 How about something like http://www.mediafire.com (or some other file hosting site).

#2 OR you can upload one image per post, using the attachment feature.

0 Likes
cramber

I have just signed up for verizon dsl and received the same actiontec router model gt704wg rev b.  I am using no additional router.  I have a voip app on my iphone i use to make and receive calls by fontality called bria - which i have been using on a Verizon MiFi unit just fine w/ no issue. 

Calls coming in can be received and connect without dropping, calls going out ring until connected then drop immediately.

Help please.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cramber wrote:

I have just signed up for verizon dsl and received the same actiontec router model gt704wg rev b.  I am using no additional router.  I have a voip app on my iphone i use to make and receive calls by fontality called bria - which i have been using on a Verizon MiFi unit just fine w/ no issue. 

Calls coming in can be received and connect without dropping, calls going out ring until connected then drop immediately.

Help please.

Try checking your router's Firewall. Make sure it is set to Low/Off. Try using the DMZ for your device as well, to see if it by any chance starts to work correctly. Often times on VoIP devices the ringing is generated by the device itself, not by the SIP (?) server.

0 Likes
parallaxview
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on an IT Help Desk and trying to help one of our employees who works from home. Since she switched to Verizon Internet service her Siemens OpenStage 20 VOIP phone will no longer register.

Her router is an Actiontec GT704WGB.

1. I have tried disabling the firewall.

2. I have tried putting the phone in DMZ mode.

3. I have tried enabling QOS for the phone.

4. I have tried going into allowed applications for the phone, and selected a VOIP setting that was supposed to open port 5060 for UDP.

5. We have tried resetting the router to what was supposed to be factory default.

Nothing has worked. I also tried installing a Siemens softphone, which uses SIP UDP on port 5060 just like the desk phone. The softphone says it can't register. 

Is there router offered by Verizon router that works better with VOIP?

We have an employee with Verizon service who has a working Siemens VOIP phone, but his router is an Actiontec - M1424WR - Rev. F  It doesn't look like the are still available.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you check to make sure the Softphone wasn't using UPnP, and that UPnP was disabled within the ActionTec? Did the Softphone attempt a connection over a VPN or would this be a direct connection?

If there is a specific IP address/hostname the Softphone is looking for, did you try doing a ping and a Telnet to the IP/Port in question to see if it will connect alternatively?

0 Likes
parallaxview
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't believe the softphone or the desk phone use UPnP.  There's not an option for it on either.  

UPnP was disabled by default on the Actiontec GT704WGB.  Tried enabling it and disabling it, but that didn't help.

The SIP server does not return ping requests.  It simply does not return a point request from an external IP.  

I can telnet to the IP and port 5060, so that is perplexing, but again the phone worked back when she had Time Warner Cable.

We also set up a second phone for her on our external line.  When the phone got to her house, it would no longer register.  

The desk phone plugs into her router with an Ethernet cable.  We have verified she has plugged the cable into the correct port on her phone.  The phone has one port for a computer to connect through, and one to connect to the router.

0 Likes
parallaxview
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would we be able to try putting the router in bridged mode, and send her another router to test out?  Would the TV and home phone service she has still work?

0 Likes