Switch Account

Can't ping router

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor eda
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(3,546 Views)

I've got an actiontec GT784WNV router-modem. It's been working well for a long time, and still seems OK: The lights indicate correctly, and I can access websites with no trouble. However, when I try to rouse 192.168.0.1 I get timeouts on http or ping or tracert. My network settings are set to auto-detect proxy, OS is vista x64

What should I do next to get to the actiontec settings page?

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(3,497 Views)

The Default IP address for the ActionTec is 192.168.1.1 . You can try pinging, tracing, or visiting that IP address in a web browser. You should get some sort of response.

If you changed the IP of the ActionTec or if someone else did for any reason, you can use the "ipconfig" command in the Command Prompt on Windows, or you can use "ifconfig" on a Mac or Linux to obtain the ActionTec's IP. On Windows, the IP address you receive for the Default Gateway is the ActionTec. On Mac or Linux, the Broadcast address (called BCast) address is the ActionTec.

This is assuming a standard home network setup.

Copper Contributor eda
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(3,492 Views)

@Smith6612 wrote:

The Default IP address for the ActionTec is 192.168.1.1 . You can try pinging, tracing, or visiting that IP address in a web browser. You should get some sort of response.

If you changed the IP of the ActionTec or if someone else did for any reason, you can use the "ipconfig" command in the Command Prompt on Windows, or you can use "ifconfig" on a Mac or Linux to obtain the ActionTec's IP. On Windows, the IP address you receive for the Default Gateway is the ActionTec. On Mac or Linux, the Broadcast address (called BCast) address is the ActionTec.

This is assuming a standard home network setup.

Got it. Stupid of me. Thanks.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(3,480 Views)

You're welcome. It does happen! Some routers do change their IP addresses if they see a conflict happen on a network.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.