Can't ping router
eda1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've got an actiontec GT784WNV router-modem. It's been working well for a long time, and still seems OK: The lights indicate correctly, and I can access websites with no trouble. However, when I try to rouse 192.168.0.1 I get timeouts on http or ping or tracert. My network settings are set to auto-detect proxy, OS is vista x64

What should I do next to get to the actiontec settings page?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't ping router
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Default IP address for the ActionTec is 192.168.1.1 . You can try pinging, tracing, or visiting that IP address in a web browser. You should get some sort of response.

If you changed the IP of the ActionTec or if someone else did for any reason, you can use the "ipconfig" command in the Command Prompt on Windows, or you can use "ifconfig" on a Mac or Linux to obtain the ActionTec's IP. On Windows, the IP address you receive for the Default Gateway is the ActionTec. On Mac or Linux, the Broadcast address (called BCast) address is the ActionTec.

This is assuming a standard home network setup.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Default IP address for the ActionTec is 192.168.1.1 . You can try pinging, tracing, or visiting that IP address in a web browser. You should get some sort of response.

If you changed the IP of the ActionTec or if someone else did for any reason, you can use the "ipconfig" command in the Command Prompt on Windows, or you can use "ifconfig" on a Mac or Linux to obtain the ActionTec's IP. On Windows, the IP address you receive for the Default Gateway is the ActionTec. On Mac or Linux, the Broadcast address (called BCast) address is the ActionTec.

0 Likes
eda1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Smith6612 wrote:

Got it. Stupid of me. Thanks.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome. It does happen! Some routers do change their IP addresses if they see a conflict happen on a network.

0 Likes