Cannot Enter Passcode into 192.168.1.1
ChaChaDay

Everytime I go to enter the password 1 character becomes 3 characters (hidden of course!)  I tried a desktop and a tablet and even switched to a wireless device.  I entered this site approximately 2 weeks ago without any problems.  I used a technical guy who tried as well and had the same issue with the password and he gave up.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot Enter Passcode into 192.168.1.1
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The password for the administrator web page is different from the WiFi password.  The default admin password should be printed on the router's label, depending on the age of the router.

Of course, if you've changed the admin password it won't match what is on the label.  If you've forgotten the password you can always perform a factory reset and it will go back to the default password (on the label).  This will also reset all other settings including the WiFi password.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

If you're trying to sign into the Verizon router, this is a security feature. Try typing in the password but just don't look at the screen while typing. It's putting the extra characters there by design. As long as you're typing the correct password, you'll get in just fine.

CJ

0 Likes
ChaChaDay

Thanks CJ, I tried that and it did not work.  The issue I was trying to get into was seeing who is logged into my router.  We have had a few strange things lately.  Several weeks ago I logged in this way and had no problem.  Today, it is a no go.  I have a new router on the way that is said to be more secure, so I wil reset everything then .  I will keep trying to get in.  

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The password for the administrator web page is different from the WiFi password.  The default admin password should be printed on the router's label, depending on the age of the router.

Of course, if you've changed the admin password it won't match what is on the label.  If you've forgotten the password you can always perform a factory reset and it will go back to the default password (on the label).  This will also reset all other settings including the WiFi password.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
ChaChaDay

Got in!  I had changed the Admin password which was different from the security word.  Thank you!

0 Likes