Re: Cannot connect to www.pnc.com - different person than first poster
Eduardo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still waiting for the problem to be resolved. Still cannot access www.pnc.comwww.e-zpassny.com, www.gobidic.com, www.mlb.com and counting...

0 Likes
serrac

This is getting to be ridiculous. It's bad enough that National City customers went two and a half days without online access when they shut down on Friday afternoon and now we can't get online at all because of Verizon? I spent an hour on the phone with PNC and Verizon both and they kept pointing the finger at one another and saying they don't know when it will be fixed. Are you KIDDING ME? I can't get cable internet where I live so DSL is really my only option and I'm getting very frustrated because I need to pay bills. URGH! 

And yeah mlb.com and a few others will not load either. I used to be able to get on these websites then Verizon called a few weeks ago saying they were doing "updates" and they messed it all up during that I am sure.

0 Likes
pghjim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am an Earthlink user that goes through verizon.  I too lost the PNC Bank and other website in the middle of October.  Tonight, I connected directly to PPPoe broadband connection instead of using the LAN created by my router.  I am now able to view all of the websites.  I do not know how this directly applies to those who use Verizon directly, but if you go directly through your modem through a PPPoe connection, it might work.

In any event, it might give you something else to tell the Verizon tech people.  This is on Verizon's end and not PNC.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

the website administrators haven't updated their filters, or have blocked a range of verizon ip's.

you would want to email the administrator of the site and ask them to update their filters and give them your subnet.

subnet is just the first 3 octets of the IP address. For example, if you have 173.68.43.157 IP address, your subnet is 173.68.43.0

You can goto network-tools.com and do a network lookup on gamekiller.net  & should get an email for the admin & then ask them to update their filters to allow your subnet.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon doesn't block any websites, so you are gonna really want to pressure PNC to update their filters to allow the subnet.  anyone on that same subnet will be blocked, so you will have multiple users with the same issue. 

0 Likes
daltydoo

I reset my modem and PNC showed up. Don't know how long that will last, but sure am glad it can get it for now. I had a previous post from Amy from Pittsburgh.

0 Likes
eoga2012

okey I need YOU all that are having this issue

to reply with the state you live on

and you will all notice a partern

I work for verizon tech support

this is not the first time this happens

it happen in the entire state of NJ a few months ago( but the issue was massibe you could not open alot of web pages)

its true the issue is out side of verizon -but it has to do with the one that provides internet to verizon

and there is  NOTHING  tech suport can do about it

try to reset the modem and call tech support to set up the modem again

it  may just work

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

honestly this problem isn't anything that VZ can take care of, you are going to pull your hair out if you call vz,    PNC has to update their filters.   I sent them an correspondance through their website like 3 days ago,   but it was the contact us section.  so I Couldn't find an email.    

0 Likes
anns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so happy!!! The Earthlink tech helped me get the problem fixed.  Here is my post with the solution.

0 Likes