Cannot find support for Westell Versalink 327w wireless gateway
nidahobum

I have checked www.westell.com who has stated this was developed for Verizon and to go to Verizon for support. The router is listed here, but when I try to access the link I get a dead page. This router/modem connects to my computer just fine via ethernet cable, allows two Xbox 360's to connect wireless simultaneously, and allows the laptop to connect w/ the ethernet cable but will not allow the laptop to connect wireless.

I have spend countless hours trying to figure out this prob, have spoke to Verizon customer service, the laptop company, and searched the Versalink's userguide, etc.

Any ideas?

PS: I have tried using the WEP key and just leaving it open for anyone to connect to and it still won't allow the laptop to connect. The laptop has had the Verizon disc installed on it, and has my Verizon DSL username and password.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot find support for Westell Versalink 327w wireless gateway
nidahobum

One more thing: the laptop has Windows Vista installed. Not sure if this could make the program on the Westell Versalink 327w obsolete or what, but I thought this might be possible.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The laptop does not need the Verizon software to connect wireless. By adding the software you may be preventing the laptop connect. Remove the software and any connections that you setup. All you need to do is follow normal wireless procedures.
0 Likes
nidahobum
Actually we tried the Verizon disc after a lot of everything else didn't work. Spoke to Hewlitt Packard today and they believe the laptop's wireless card is incompatible with the Verizon modem/router so they are sending another card. Hope this works 'cause this has been a major pain!
0 Likes