quick menu

Cannot send mail through Windows Live Mail with 3rd party email address

Cannot send mail through Windows Live Mail with 3rd party email address

Contributor LJLLLB
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(5,081 Views)

I know this problem has been thoroughly discussed, and I basically understand it. I  must change my outgoing port to 587 on my two non-Verizon email accounts that I pull into Microsoft Mail along with my Verizon mail. One of the accounts is my web site email with Network Solutions, and one is an email address through Onebox.com.

When I used port 587, neither worked to send email through Outlook Express or Windows Mail. I called Onebox. and was told to use (for them) port 465, which did not work to send, either.

I have not called Network Solutions yet. I did call Verizon Support, however, and the support person tried to find the solution. Finally, he told me I need to call Onebox again (and Network Solutions).

I am just checking to see if there is something I missed that anyone knows of. I would really like to consolidate my mail on my computer...it will be complicated if I cannot.

Thank you,

Laurie Bishop

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VI Gold Contributor VI
Gold Contributor VI

What error did you get when you tried port 465?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios