Cant connect to University of Phoenix student website from verizon network.
UOPstudent

Hi! I called tech support for my school University of Phoenix, since I can't access the student website, I was told it was an issue between Verizon and school's student website. The trouble ticket i was given is {edited for privacy}.  Can anyone give me information how I could access my student website. I am using internet explorer version 9 and have already tried to hit CTRL+ f5 to reload the webpage and have deleted my browser history and tried to relog on, but still no luck.  Anyone with a possible solution to my page loading issues?

0 Likes
Re: Cant connect to University of Phoenix student website from verizon network.
hapypapy

Yes I have been experiencing the same issue since Friday.  Verizon says it is not their issue yet they are the only carrier experiencing access trouble to the ecampus web site, hmm...seems suspicious.  UofP phone support has a message they are working with Verizon on a fix.  Seems to me to be a incorrect or corrupt router table between the two networks. 

I don't think there is anyway around this if you have Verizon residential Internet.

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to University of Phoenix student website from Verizon network.
Iamaishahusband

I am a UoP student as well and yes it has been happening since Friday and I am an online student. The only way I was able to access my forums is to use my tablet, and the mobile site. I can't upload anything, so I send my work to my instructor via email to avoid any late penalties, and provided him with the ticket number. If this continues I will have to switch providers that is the only work around I see at this point. Terribly frustrating terribly.

0 Likes
smoothjazzhorn

I wouldn't switch ISP's just yet. Look at the UOP Facebook posts....there are some people on there that don't have Verizon and don't live in CA either!

https://www.facebook.com/universityofphoenix?filter=2

I'm just lucky I bought an iPad a couple of weeks ago or I would be completely hosed too!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

1. Verizon assigns IP addresses dynamically. It's an automatic process, no one is manually handing out IPs.

2. The issue is not with the IP addresses that Verizon assigns, but with the blacklists not updating the IP addresses when they are changed. Verizon can't change third party sites' lists; it is up to the listing site to keep their filters updated.

smoothjazzhorn

I was thinking that a possible workaround would be to address the URL to the ecampus IP number ({edited for privacy}), but if this is a 3rd party IP blacklist issue (not a DNS issue), then it wouldn't make any difference.

😞

0 Likes
kman007

From what I understand this issue is happening to users on the Verizon network out of CA. 

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to University of Phoenix student website from Verizon network.
jaguilar110

I see alot of people here think this is being going on since Friday, when in fact I havent been able to access since Wednesday.  Personally I believe Verizon needs to make it up to us, as I am sure its the biggest reason we have the service.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Are you able to get to the page if you go through a proxy? If so, it may be a case of UoP blocking your IP address. Getting another IP is as simple as unplugging your router overnight while you sleep, then plugging it back in when you wake up.

smoothjazzhorn

I just was now able to login to the website. I hope this is a permanent fix! The proxy bandaid didn't work for me. It connected, but kept timing out.

0 Likes