Complaint... High Speed Internet
escheel53

I just LOVE Verizon (not really they make my blood boil) but they have me because of the fact it's either them or Xfinity and I detest Xfinitty.  Anyways for the last couple of week (last week alone I spent 7 hours TOTAL on the phone with technical support) our internet was very slow.  First the tech lady told me that I needed to call Xfinity as it seemed to be THEIR line problem.  I am NOT an Xfinity customer.  I however, called Xfinity and they told me to blow off because I wasn't their customer.  Then each time I've called tech support the problem has gotten worse.  Yesterday was the final straw.  I spent ANOTHER hour and half on the phone with tech support and the lady was supposed to call me back at 1pm EST yesterday and she blew me off.  I called back after 8pm last night and talked to a "supervisor" who assured me it was a line problem and a technician would be out today from 4-7.  Well the person at my house received a call today saying that Verizon technician wouldn't be out until 8-12 tomorrow.  After going through this crap for weeks and getting one excuse after another from Verizon I asked to be compensated.  WELL the girl at the billing department gave me a whooping 12.00 credit for one month of internet service.  After taking off today as well as having to take off int he morning, the inconvience of not being able to work from home and not even finding out where I can file a formal complaint with verizon.  

This is ridiculious, I will keep verizon because the only other alternative I have is Xfinity which is worse, however, I want compensation on my bill.  I spend A LOT of money for what crappy service I get.

Also, Verizon's tech support says that it's ok for me to get 60% of what I pay for from Verizon so maybe I should send Verizon 60% of my bill so they know what it feels like.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint... High Speed Internet
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  The Verizon moderators might escalate your issue to support.  If they do, be sure to follow their instructions.

If you think other users might be able to help you, please post a description of the issue you're having.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint... High Speed Internet
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi escheel53,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes