Connected to wireless, but can't access internet or router (Westell 7500)
awoodruff

It's hard to succinctly describe the problem in the subject, but here it is:

I've got the Westell model A90-750015-07, and suddenly a few days ago I began to have a lot of wireless problems. Frequently (every few minutes) I'll no longer be able to connect to anything, even 192.168.1.1, despite my computer successfully being connected to my wireless network with a strong signal and everything being ship-shape with the modem. All the lights are nice and green, and connection via ethernet works fine. Sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting my computer from the network will bring it back, but just as often it won't, and sometimes when it does work it only works for about 15 seconds before failing again. Eventually whether I do that or not, things will start working again, though usually only for a few minutes again. I have confirmed that this is not happening only with my computer.

I'd be most grateful for any ideas or suggestions. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Connected to wireless, but can't access internet or router (Westell 7500)
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What level of wireless security is the router set to (WEP/WPA)?

#2 Did you change the SSID of the router?

0 Likes
awoodruff

1. It was WEP, but I've also tried WPA and the problem persists. Haven't yet tried just leaving it open, though.

2. Nope, no change there.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@awoodruff wrote:

1. It was WEP, but I've also tried WPA and the problem persists. Haven't yet tried just leaving it open, though.

2. Nope, no change there.

Ok.

Try changing the SSID of the router, to see if that solves the issue.

0 Likes