Connecting devices to wireless network.
DCombs

We are trying to connect a PSP to our wireless network.  It is asking for a Default Router Number.  What is this number and how do I find it?

0 Likes
Re: Connecting devices to wireless network.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your router?

#2 What is the LAN IP of it?

0 Likes
XanuPhel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm facing a similar issue.  I just purchased a PSP3000 and cannot connect it to my verizon highspeed wireless modem.  I had the same problem connecting to the PS3 but fixed it using forum posts.  I've tried every form of altering encryption (WPA, WEP, None) and the PSP won't connect to the access point.  I'm tryng to update the firmware from 6.30 to 6.37 but I need the connection.  My only other recourse is to wait until next week for my memory stick to arrive to update that way.

0 Likes
SandyRai
Enthusiast - Level 1

do u mean "default IP address" of the router ? the deafult IP address of Verizon's router/modem is 192.168.1.1

Open an IE window, type the default IP address in the Address bar. Modem GUI page comes up. select the settings and that should be it.

SteveSalfeety

please give me the steps to connect my new lap top computer to the verizon wireless network.  Also why is my Internet Explorer being provided by Cox High Speed Internet?

my router model is actiontec m1424wr

where do i find LAN IP?

[edited to merge posts]

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is "Provided By Cox" since you probably ran their installation software back when you previously (?) had them which rebranded IE. That can be changed with a Registry edit. Verizon used to do the same thing back in the days of IE6.

0 Likes
mark19711

Hi, I had the same exact problem. Did you find solution? I have not and have not had problem hooking up nin.ds tablets or laptops.

0 Likes