Connecting directly from my modem to XBOX 360 Live Please Help me.
jdomi78

Please help me I keep getting the message on my Xbox live that I can connect but that I have moderate nat. You see I play Final Fantasy online using Xbox live and I keep getting disconnected in the game..every 10 minutes..exactly. It's really annoying. The problem has to be the NAT.

I connect directly from my modem to the Xbox 360. I have no router. My modem is a Westell 6100G that's what it says on the front. On the bottom of the modem it says: Model: G90-610015-20. My connection speed is 1 MB.

Please someone help me if I need to reconfigure the modem. I do know how to get into the modem reconfiguration web page but don't know what to do in there. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting directly from my modem to XBOX 360 Live Please Help me.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 I have no idea of how old or new your Westell 6100 is.

#2 Go to http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

#3 Only read what is told. Do not attempt to do what they tell users to do, since you do not have another router.

#4 Do you have the White and Blue Firmware or do you have the Red and Black Firmware?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 I have no idea of how old or new your Westell 6100 is.

#2 Go to http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

#3 Only read what is told. Do not attempt to do what they tell users to do, since you do not have another router.

#4 Do you have the White and Blue Firmware or do you have the Red and Black Firmware?

0 Likes
jdomi78

OMG thank you so much! that worked...the first poster...and what happened to his post? was it deleted? well anyways thanks again. Yes I added xbox live and put the xbox IP on the port forward. OMG Thank you again!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jdomi78 wrote:

OMG thank you so much! that worked.

What worked? I did not tell you to anything else, other than look at FAQ and answer my question. Huh?

@jdomi78 wrote:

The first poster...and what happened to his post? was it deleted?

Huh?

When replying, use the View discussion in a popup feature.

For example, as you can see in the screen shot my last post in this thread seems to disapper when replying.

http://i34.tinypic.com/123vzno.jpg

--

But it did not really disapper.

0 Likes
jdomi78

Nevermind, wrong forum. Somone answered my question in a different forum and solved my problem. This was the problem: I had to port foward XBOX LIVE and then as host put in my XBOX'S IP address on the box then apply. That worked and I'm happily playing now with full OPEN NAT.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jdomi78 wrote:

Nevermind, wrong forum. Somone answered my question in a different forum and solved my problem. This was the problem: I had to port foward XBOX LIVE and then as host put in my XBOX'S IP address on the box then apply. That worked and I'm happily playing now with full OPEN NAT.

For anyone who wants to know

Which was http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23101864-Please-help-megoing-mad

0 Likes
jdomi78

IF anyone ever has a problem like this..you just have to go to your Modem configuration page: username: Admin. Password: password. Then go you firewall  settings, then port fowarding. then click on add. After that select xbox live from the host list. then select host and manually enter the IP address of the XBOX. You should find the XBOX's IP address if you have the xbox connected then do...network configuration then look at it's IP. WOHOO. Smiley Happy -cheers-.

0 Likes
jdomi78

Bah. The NAT problem is gone from the xbox live.  But I still get disconnected from FInal Fantasy online XI every 5 or 10 mins. Not sure what the problem is now..since I got the NAT open on XBOX live. My firmware or color whatever on the modem configuration web page is red and black btw for someone that asked before.

0 Likes
jdomi78

problem solved. I'm able to go to the game and stay connected. The other website with the link..the guy there solved the problem. Thank anyways. Check the link if you want to see more info.

0 Likes