Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Connecting new laptop to DSL

DAVE3132
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting new laptop to DSL

Message 1 of 3
(5,873 Views)

I have a desktop that is currently connected directly to DSL.  I now have a new laptop that I want to connect to the same DSL as well.  I plan on eventually buying a router to connect both the desktop (direct connection) and the laptop (wireless) to the DSL.  First, I want to see if I can connect the laptop directly to the DSL modem via the Ethernet connection so I can download AOL software.  When I installed DSL on the desktop I remember there being a CD as part of the installation.  I can not find this CD so will I be able to connect the laptop to the DSL without this?  Likewise, later when I setup the wirelesss router, will I need this CD?

Thanks.

Dave.

2 REPLIES 2
vztelecom
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Connecting new laptop to DSL

Message 2 of 3
(5,845 Views)
Yes, you will probably need that cd( It wouldn't hurt to try anyways). You could also just get our gateway which is a modem/router and it will probably be a little bit cheaper than actually going out and getting a new router. You can call 1-800-567-6789(8am-6pm) and go into the equipment department.
Message Edited by vztelecom on 04-15-2009 08:00 PM
Ask UT
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Connecting new laptop to DSL

Message 3 of 3
(5,801 Views)
Try using Verizon provided Westell 327 or Action Tech 7500. It should work.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title