Connecting wireless blu ray with my wireless internet
Gonfa149

I'm exited to get Panasonic wi-fi built in blu ray dvd player, I'd like to use it mainly for Netflix, Pandora and maybe Youtube videos. I wasn't able to connect to internet. I'm stuck half way, Panasonic tech support gave me 3 port codes and suggested that verizon need to transfer them but when I connect verizon to have them transfer those codes they ask for a whopping $40 bucks, I prefer not to be charged for services they should provide without nickle and dime...long story short is there a solution to this before I return the blueray dvd player. P.S. the dvd player comes with wireless adapter and my wireless internet router supports the WEP authentication and it's Westell Versa Link Model 32700. Hope to get a solution, thanks

0 Likes
Re: Connecting wireless blu ray with my wireless internet
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Gonfa149, if you get the WEP key and SSID info of your Westell Router, you should be good in connecting your device to the wireless portion.

Try that, hope that helps!

Constance

0 Likes
RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

When I first go my Sony blu-ray player, it couldn't connect via wireless to the internet, even when I gave it the correct SSID and WEP key.  In my case, it turned out to be the dsl router that was at fault.  It was a Westell 327W. 

My suggestion is that you try connecting via ethernet, even if you want to use wireless once installation is complete.

If you can reach the internet and  Youtube via ethernet, but not wireless.  Then you might want to investigate your dsl router some more.  In my case a router firmware upgrade (free) fixed the problem.  YMMV.

budweiser2

Where did you get the firmware update from?   How do you install it? 

bud

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you visit this page, you can download the firmware for your Westell: http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Troubleshooting/Network/FirmwareUpgrade/123451.ht...

Be sure to check the sticker at the bottom of your Westell *BEFORE* you install the firmware as you may otherwise render the router unusable. Once you've downloaded the correct firmware file, visit http://192.168.1.1/ and log in using one of the following Usernames and Passwords:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

Your Verizon Username and Password

admin/Modem Serial Number

From there, choose Advanced, click Yes past the Prompt, click Firmware Upgrade and then click on the box prompting you to upload a firmware file from your PC. Choose the downloaded file and press Upgrade. Give it a few minutes and Do not reboot the Westell! It will reboot itself and come back online if the upgrade was successful.