Switch Account

Connection Drops / Phone in another jack causes drop in net connection?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Connection Drops / Phone in another jack causes drop in net connection?

Message 1 of 3
(663 Views)

This is an odd one. A phone in another room, plugged into another jack (with filter) is causing my new to drop. I am unable to keep both a wireless or wired connection. I am running window 7 64. All of my cords and plugs work just fine and until about a month ago I had no real issues. The problem was happening with both my Westell 7500 and my new Actiontec GT784WN. I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon and the man had no idea as to what the issue is. Supposedly everything is working fine on my end. Could a bad phone jack/wiring be the cause of this? The jacks in this house are pretty old and it's about the only thing I can think of. If anyone knows where I can find the stats to post for you please let me know as I am new to this Actiontec and can't find anything.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Connection Drops / Phone in another jack causes drop in net connection?

Message 2 of 3
(638 Views)

Happened twice more today. Net freezes just before the phone rings and then it disconnects completely. I don't even have a phone in this jack or room. I did notice my jack wiring is ancient. Good place to start?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Connection Drops / Phone in another jack causes drop in net connection?

Message 3 of 3
(623 Views)

Yes, that is good place to start.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.