Connection Problems
derek

Well, my connection has recently been unstable and slow. Sometimes it works just fine, and sometimes it doesn't work at all for short periods of time. (Around 2 minutes to half an hour of disconnection at a time.) Anyways, I have looked in my modem logs, and apparently there's been some DNS problems and something about 'wpad' and '._LPAD._TCP'. That might not be the exact correct quote, but something similar to that. But apparently the only other signs of problems is that sometimes somebody will call and the phone won't ring. I can still pick it up and talk to them if they otherwise contact me and tell me to pick up, but it won't ring. Those are the only things that have apparently showed up as connection problems.

I've looked around the forums, and found several other topics about connection problems, similar to mine. I was wondering if anybody had a solution or if they could tell me about possible temporary problems in certain areas.

If so, please reply and inform me of such.

Thanks!

Edit: If it helps, I might later post some of the times in which slowness or instability occurred. Also, I've tried some common methods of fixing this, but nothing really works except waiting for a few minutes until it just reconnects.

Message Edited by derek on 10-28-2008 08:51 PM
0 Likes