Connection issue
RichardA2

I am having a dropped connection problem. My connection is worse starting around 7:30pm. Before I upgraded to DSL+ I never had a problem. Ever since, the dropping DSL signal is horrible. I have spent hours with customer service. I have replaced all wiring and Verizon sent me new filters. Doesn't help. We've gone thru modem configurations several times. (Actiontec GT784WNV) and still makes no difference. My phone line runs directly from the gray box on the outside of the house to a dedicated wall jack. When the connection is good, the speed test reads around 9 which is great. The server it tests is in NYC not sure if that is the same server that I am normally connected to being in Massachusetts. Unfortunately my patience has been exhausted. I am thinking about cable. I just don't understand why Verizon refuses to address this problem that so many users are having. Do they need more servers? or what? During the evening when I use Skype to speak with family and friends the DSL light on the modem goes out and the connection is lost. When it comes back on I have to log into Skype all over again. After about the 4th time, I get very agitated and just shut off the pc. Why am I paying $35 per month for a service that doesn't work the way it is supposed to. Hello TWC goodbye Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Connection issue
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Connection issue
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RichardA,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with your DSL or ever need anything else please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes