Continual Loss of Internet Connection for 9 1/2 months
BCos1

Since June (yes June) we have lost our internet connection once, twice and sometimes more, almost every day since then.

Tickets have been Escalated, Lines have been checked. Repair has been sent to our house and other neighbors with the same issue.  They ran some report at the pole and the service technician couldn't believe how many times in a months time period we had dropped the connection.  We all keep a log now of what time and how many times the connection is dropped.  Finally, after all these months I had a phone call from Verizon advising that on 2/23 they moved us and two neighbors to a different "less congested" line so we should see noticeable improvement and to call if there are any problems.  Funny, two days later there was a problem with the fiberoptic line and the whole area was without a connection from 9:00 pm until 12:00 noon the following day. So much for going to see a noticeable improvement.  Since the fix date of 2/23 (21 days) I have lost my internet connection at least 14 times and I now have yet "another" excalated ticket entered for a fix for my service ({edited for privacy} in case someone at Verizon reads this post).  Another repair tech will be dispatched and we can go through this whole process again.  Thinking they really didn't switch me to a less congested line or when they had a problem on the 25th put me back on my old line.  If and when I do get a call back they want me to run through a check list of things that I have already checked a hundred times and try to appease me by saying they will once again look into the issue.  If anyone has any suggestions I would love to have them.   I believe I have a Westell 7500.

0 Likes
Re: Continual Loss of Internet Connection for 9 1/2 months
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Visit: http://192.168.1.1/htmlV/transtat.asp

That should take you to your Transceiver Statistics page on the modem. If not, remove everything after the IP address, and then click on System Monitoring, Advanced Monitors, and then Transceiver Statistics. No passwords should be needed to get these statistics. Post up your statistics, and also see if you can get the statistics of one or two other people nearby you.

0 Likes
Cam9169
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am her neighbor that is dealing with this issue as well.  Verizon fails to hear us and just keeps doing the same old tests.  A local supervisor has told us that is effecting HUNDREDS in our area of  western New Jersey.  All the techs do is scratch their heads and have no idea what is causing the issue.  I have been in contact with the "executive appeal" department and they have ordered the switch in the MCO to be rebuilt, well that was done months ago and it didnt change a thing.  Now I was told that something in the RT dealing with the DSL was not working properly and they installed a new one, which should have taken care of the problem.  Our signal is still dropping out and ironically it happens every evening around or after 10PM.  I recieved a recorded  phone call last night from Verizon stating that our issue was fixed.  It is NOT fixed, we dropped out last night again!!!

I will try to run that test and post my results for you.

0 Likes
Cam9169
Enthusiast - Level 3
Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data PathINTERLEAVED

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)3360864
Margin (dB)22.813.0
Line Attenuation (dB)41.022.0
Transmit Power (dBm)15.711.9

Here are my Stats.........

0 Likes
BCos1

I see my neighbor was kind enough to post her stats and her are mine that I ran last night.  Field service technician was at the house again yesterday (March 15th) He called me at work and said he was going to see what he could find.  last night "automated" message called me and said my problem is fixed like they always do.  Maybe they found and did fix something we will see.  I see differences in her stats from mine, not that that means anything to me but I do see differences.

Transceiver Statistics

Transceiver Revision

A2pB020b3.d20h

Vendor ID Code

4D54

Line Mode

ADSL_G.dmt

Data Path

INTERLEAVED

Transceiver Information

Down Stream Path

Up Stream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)

Margin (dB)

Line Attenuation (dB)

Transmit Power (dBm)

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Both of your statistics are nice and healty, so I doubt the drops are being caused by an issue from the line, but just to be sure...

Visit http://192.168.1.1/ and click on System Monitoring. Click Advanced Monitors from the Left Hand side Navigation, and then click on System Logging. You'll be prompted for a Username and Password at this point. Log in with one of the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

Your Verizon Username and Password

Whatever you set for the modem

Once in the System Logging, open up http://www.pastebin.com/ in another browser Window/Tab . In System Logging, select the log for the "All " Category, and then Copy and Paste the complete log into the Pastebin website. Save the Pastebin, and post up the link to the paste so we can see it.

0 Likes
Cam9169
Enthusiast - Level 3

{edited for privacy}

Here is the requested information.   I really hope it is there when you try to access it.  I could not find a way to "save" it.  Please advise.   BTW just for some more info:  Our DSL light NEVER goes out only the internet light AND mostly it drops out after 10PM. 

0 Likes
Cam9169
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon edited my original post so here is the corrected link to my log on pastebin

http://pastebin.com/ztPJqS9p

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK. From what I can tell the modem has logs up to a fresh boot. Did you grab that long after a connection drop? I should have asked you for that earlier if not 😕

0 Likes
Cam9169
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not quite sure what you mean by a "fresh boot"  What I can tell you is that my internet light goes off each and every night after 10PM.  When that happens I have to power cycle (turn it off) the modem so we will have internet in the morning.  

Please advise as to how you want me to proceed.

0 Likes