Convulted router question
Anthona
I had the 7500 modem/router when I first signed on...didn't know by the operator that i had a choice. Later found out and so i returned it and got the model6100F...minus the router and free ( at least that is what I was told ). Now, i had my own router, so i am trying to make the connection with this later modem so I could utilize my wireless connections...and getting confused how to set it up. Could someone tell me how they did it with their own router and this modem...naturally Verizon refuses to help on 3rd party routers or anything that is not a Verizon product. Please hurry, going on a trip soon. Thanks.
0 Likes
Re: Convulted router question
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
This web page has the instructions to put Westell modem/routers into bridge mode. http://verizon.myseoblog.net/how-to-setup-westell-6100fwestell-6100-versalink-327w-and-westell-7500-to-bridge-mode/
0 Likes
Anthona
HI, I do not know anything about bridge modes...can you or someone explain? Thanks Also, need to know after listening to conflicting statements from forums and verizon techs about the true function of a 6100F.modem. Some say its a combo of modem/router, others say its not a router, but one can make wireless connections to another computer...I need to know, so i won't be wasting my time trying to connect to my laptop wirelessly. Thanks
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
It is a 1 port modem/router. The webpage I posted about explains how to put it in to bridge mode.
0 Likes
Anthona
There is somthing wrong with that url...I entered the full url as you entered and nothing shows up...I condensed it to ".net" ...nothing....to net.how-to-setup-6100f ...nothing. Also, it this is a one port modem/router, would I need my other router connected to it? Would also appreciate the differences from wlan and lan......my other router has both. Thanks
0 Likes