Switch Account

Crappy phone support

Highlighted
Contributor dws520
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(5,090 Views)

I lose modem sync two or three times a day and have been calling the 800-483-4000 number for help and I have to say this is the "CRAPPEIST" service I have ever experenced !!! It seems that the Verizon  DSL support has been outsoursed to India, the Philppines and Mexico city for support.  Can't understand them, The delay is horrible... Anyone else experiencing this type of support issues ?

Thanks,

dws520

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Copper Contributor Russell
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(5,076 Views)

I called the other day to ask them a question about my Phone order and I really, REALLY could not understand what he was saying.

I am fluent in several languages as well but for the life of me, he really struggled with English. 

I have no problem with companies going over-seas but they really should make an effort to have someone with basic English. It really was embarrassing.

Contributor engineer_pete
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(5,023 Views)
Every day my DSL craps for three to five minutes whenever the phone rings or it goes off hook, even for a second. It's like torture to wait five minutes and the phone rings again. Then someone picks up the extension. The damage is done. I was told by a field tech they are not replacing copper and to get FIOS, but that is a longer story.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(5,005 Views)

@engineer_pete wrote:
Every day my DSL craps for three to five minutes whenever the phone rings or it goes off hook, even for a second. It's like torture to wait five minutes and the phone rings again. Then someone picks up the extension. The damage is done.

I suspect that I know why... one of your phones has no dsl filter

^^^

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.