Customer service nightmare
dpiwowar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up for high speed dsl for ($39.99month) at my new place on Aug. 15 and then the nightmare began. I got the dsl modem a few days later, I hooked it up and tried activating the service. What do you know, it doesnt work. I called tech support, they told me my activation date was the next day. Fine, I waited and again didnt work. Called again, they said to wait until after midnight. I waited and again nothing worked. The next day I called, and now the tech support said there is some sort of internal error. Ok well I was transfered to the Supervisor Escalation Group. Now the fun begins. The first guy was no help, said its a billing error (I havent even recieved a bill!). He said I will have to wait for billing to figure out the error. Thanks a lot. I called the next day, still no help, more crap about a billing error. Called back a few more days, and again more **bleep** about billing. Finally got a guy that was helpful, he said the wiring is not correct so I'll need a tech guy to come out. Tells me he scheduled  someone for Sept 1. Well thats over a week from that point. This is just what I needed. Two weeks of no internet. I waited. I called to confirm the day for the tech. I was informed that I was scheduled and I should await for the tech on thursday. What do you know, noone shows up. I took a whole day off, wasting my money for a tech guy to not show up. I called the Supervisor Escalation Group again and demanded to talk to their supervisor who happened to be a woman named Star. Guess what? More **bleep** and broken promises. She was not helpful at all. I decided to go back and talk to the regular customer tech support. After 20 minutes of waiting and three transfers, I got a guy who was actually helpful. He contacted the tech department who are responsible for my area and gets me scheduled for the next day, Sept 2 and 8:30 am. Who ever that guy was, promote him! I called Star to ask why she couldnt do that, more **bleep**. The next day, the tech guy came, switched a few wires and I finally have interent. I talked to the guy, and he said tech support was bsing me cause of the strike and I should not have waited that long. I talked to Star again, demanded reimbursment for the all of this. All she could do is give me one month free of internet. Well that wasnt good enough so she stayed on the line while we got connected to finacial services. (How come verizon tech support needs to be on hold and listen to that awful music? Why cant verizon just connect its own employees? I wasted hours waiting with other verizon members being on hold while they connected with a different dept. What a terrible business plan.) After much bsing, they finally agreed to reimburse me another month and the shipping and activation fee. But I had to wait and call back after I was billed to get the shipping and activation fee taken off (What kind of business model is that?). I was billed and finally got the fee taken off after waiting for an hour on the phone with the billing department but they could not confirm the second month of reimbursement. Great, another phone call I will have to make. Oh and when billing or tech support says they will provide a free month of service, its not true! I got 30 days for service which is $37.32 and not $39.99! Talk about cheating a customer. Promising a month free and not giving the full amount. If my apartment complex could except another servive, I would have done it already but they dont, so Im stuck with the cheating and lying company of VERIZON.Verizon is the worst company I have ever delt with. I wasted more than 10 hours on the phone, over $150 of my hard earned money, and had to wait for over 2 weeks to get internet just because a couple of wires needed to be switched. Thanks Verizon.

PS. I left out some things because it would make this post even longer and Im too tired typing all this after getting off the phone with the fabolous verizon customer support

Re: Customer service nightmare
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about your problems with customer service. I have sent you a private message to get more info from you.

0 Likes
dpiwowar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I filled out the forms and sent you a message and once again no call or email. Thanks for the prompt help! Thats sarcasim if you couldnt tell.

On further note:

I just checked my bill and the 40 minutes I spent on the phone did nothing to get the shipping and activation fee taken off. I was told by a verizon rep that it would take 5 min to take off the fee when I was billed. 40 min phone call and 3 days later and nothing. More lies, **bleep**, unhelpful, and unfriendly Verizon customer service.

dpiwowar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: Called verizon customer service. I got connected after a few minutes (Thank you for changing that awful music). I started talking to someone and what do you know...disconnected. Its not my phone. I have full service is this area. Call back again. I explain everything all over again. This agent informs me that it takes 5 to 8 days for the online bill to reflect the real amount. Wow thats inconvienent. She also explained that I am creadited for the next month so thats good news. I have spoken to over 10 verizon agents and only 2 have ever been helpful. Please let this be the end of calling their customer service!

dpiwowar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guess what? Another phone call to customer service. This time its about my speed rating. Ive been monitoring the speed during peak hours and of course its not whats guaranteed. Im getting under half the lower limit! Measured from 3 different sites (including Verizon), I would get 1.3 Mbps. Im guaranteed 3.1 What is this? I wonder how many people are being ripped off without them knowing. So here I am on the phone with tech support and all they can do is go through a checklist. Very helpful indeeed. But wait theres more **bleep**. The technician that came to install the line did a speed test and told me the max Ill ever get is 6 Mbps. According to their tests they got 7 Mbps! How is that possible when I can only get a max of 6. Well the tech support has been sort of helpful. Im not getting faster service tonight but Ill get some sort of credit. And my line will be monitored for the next couple of days. 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's quite possible the tech said "6" as a figure including all of the overhead you will see on a DSL line at the 7.1Mbps speeds. If he said 6Mbps and yet your line was running at 7Mbps, he might have noticed your line running near unstable levels.

0 Likes
dpiwowar
Enthusiast - Level 2

And the nightmare gets even worse. I had a tech guy come out and check my lines. Turns out they are near perfect. No loss whatsoever. He said its one of the best lines he tested and the stress test was again perfect. What was his reasoning for the loss? Quoting a Verizon technical support "Its the Verizon hub in New Brunswick. They cant handle the bandwidth at peak time. Check with the hub to get it fixed." Great! , they know about the problem and wont do anything to fix it. So once again a phone call to verizon tech support. First guy talks for about 2 minutes puts me hold to check with a boss and then he hangs up on me. How many hangups is that now? 3 or 4. Call back again and I get another tech support guy. My big mistake is I didnt get his name or number. Says hes really sorry that the service is not working well and he will do a 24 hour monitoring test. If that proves the service is not what its suppose to be, he said he'll help me get a discount for upgrading to fios. So he ends the phone call with, "Ill call yo back tomorrow at 4pm so we can talk to billing if there is a problem". Guess what? No call. No email. Nothing. Guess another call to tech support will have to be made.....

0 Likes
dpiwowar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im sure everyone wants to know what happened  next. I called tech support and talked to a{edited for privacy}at New Delhi India. She listened to my problem and said she would talk to billing to get me fios for cheaper. I get transfered to billing and no Heena. That didnt go as plan. Well billing had no idea what I was talking about. The woman could not even understand how DSL works, what my plan is, and what I was actually asking for. After an hour of reexplaining my problem several times, she offered me the lowest fios plan that was more expensive than the interent price! What IQ does this lady have. If I am asking for a  discount from Verizon billing, I expect to get something better than what the internet offers. Well tomorrow will bring another call to verizon since a ticket was issued to the help desk. Im starting to think I Verizon does not want to help me.

All I want is reliable high speed internet. Is that too much to ask for?

0 Likes
PilotConway
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been in the same position. No shows from tech and weeks of waiting. I was suppose to have service on September 28th. Didn't work. They were suppose to send a tech out on the 30th. Took off work as well, no one showed up, and no one called. I called back to get another tech to come out, and they said the earliest was October 13. That was 2 weeks later. I cancelled the service cause that is complete **bleep**. Tried to get comcast. They were offering faster speeds for $39.99 (for 6x the speed of what DSL was offering for $45) and it could not be installed due to issues with drilling holes and the apartment complex. Reluctantly I came back to Verizon for DSL, they promised they could install on the 13th which worked for me. I start a new job next week and no one can take off a day to sit around the house for the installer. So I call up yesteday to get a better window of time for the DSL installer and they said they couldn't come out until the 18th. What the hell? They said the 13th. I argued for an hour (taking more time out of my work) and got nowhere with them. All I need is internet and I don't understand why it takes weeks for a guy to freaking come out and hook me up. This was suppose to be a simple self install on September 28th, so why do I still not have internet. And this is not the first time this has happened. Two years ago I went through the same ordeal and cancelled the service then too because 2 weeks of waiting is absurd when companies like Comcast are out in 2 days. 

0 Likes