DON'T DOWNLOAD THE NEW SECURITY
janlud

My Laptop is now in the shop being rebuild.  I tried to download the new security, it whipped out all my security.  I spent hours over several days with your support. People first on the chat then on phone.  At one point it knocked my computer out completely, I was able to get it back up.  The next phone call I spent 3 hours several changes in your people, they the (MacAfee expert), work it downloaded he did not wait for it to come up, but when it did I had security errors telling me to delete it.

I have wasted hours of my time, now the expense of repair my computer and yet when we open the other computers in our home it still tries to download that security.  The computer expert rebilling my laptop said he know of no one that has been successful downloading.

I am canceling the security and seriously looking into another service.

0 Likes
Re: DON'T DOWNLOAD THE NEW SECURITY
VZ_Shawn
Contributor - Level 1

Hi. I'm sorry about your experience. I understand you intend to cancel service however if you change your mind and would like some assistance I'd be happy to help. ShawnG

0 Likes
tjswist1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@VZ_Shawn: I have a similar experience,  see my post for help below.  In a nutshell, I cannot activate my McAfee subscription, McAfee Virtual agent does not fix anything, and I have to uninstall Site Advisor to get my web browsers to run.  I am running a 1.3gig chip with 1.5g of RAM on XP Service pack 3.  Any ideas on how to activate my anti-virus software suscription?

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/VISS-problems-McAfee-Subscription-won-...

0 Likes
marcw1
Enthusiast - Level 3

uninstall McAfee and use Microsoft security essentials. Free/Fast no bloatware.  Much better option. Read up on MSE.