DSL Availability
eric12401
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past 3 or so years, we've tried getting Verizon DSL, but our house is about 2 miles outside of the range to get it. It really stinks that their site says "Great news, Verizon DSL is available in your area!" But unfortunately, it isn't. Is there anything we can do to get it to our area? I've heard of gateways(?) being set up in neighborhoods. I'm still on dial-up and there's no other option for high speed other than satellite, which was horrible. Need help fast!

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Availability
belinda3369
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain! There are many of us in your exact situation. Lots of flashy advertising, but no service! We are an undeserved population and Verizon keeps rubbing our noses in it through its advertising! You'd think they could -- AT THE VERY LEAST -- remove us from their mailing list!

We have been trying to get high-speed service for 5 years! (WildBlue and HughsNet is unreliable.) They say we are too far away from their "station", but several of our neighbors have it. Sounds like they only want to serve the more cost-effective areas of their service area.  

ustrol

Yep I am in the same situation here.

I guess I can see why they ignore us there are only 3 of us in this situation by the looks LOL

0 Likes
frique
Enthusiast - Level 2

You may not like this answer, but you would get **bleep**her complaining to your congressman/woman. It is how we got DSL here in the hills of Ohio. Complain to them and see of they can push Verizon to install more data relays or whatever is needed. They may have a plan in the works similar to the "electronic frontier" that we have.

0 Likes