Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

DSL Availability

xxHopefulxx
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

DSL Availability

Message 1 of 5
(3,965 Views)

I live about 2-3 miles out of my town and we have had Dial-Up for over 15 years and we have Verizon phone.  I just want to know when Verizon plans on offering DSL because the cable company won't offer it out here also.  Please does anyone know?

4 REPLIES 4
LadyPraiser
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DSL Availability

Message 2 of 5
(3,934 Views)

I have been trying since November to get DSL.  The order always gets canceled a few days before it  is to be activated.  Two separate Verizon technicians have told me that either a bigger box has to be installed that services this road or d-loads pairs have to be installed.  I would love to know how we could get in touch with someone that has authority to authorize this to be done.  I know several families that have been wanting DSL.  Maybe Verizon needs to be completely out of business so the higher ups will listen to what their customers want.

Hesperus
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(3,925 Views)

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/telecom/2009-05-13-verizon-wireline-frontier_N.htm

I have not read the article below yet, but have it on good authority that this puts all kinds of stuff in limbo.  What I hear though is that Frontier wants to build a fiber network which is quite a lofty goal...

Also, this sale had a huge part of the workforce in WI taking lump sum retirement benefits creating a major shortage of workers.   

Sapient_Man
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(3,907 Views)

I have been wondering the same thing about my area. People like me who live about 5-6 miles out of the nearest town are hoping to get faster internet, but I know of a few neighbors around me that have high-speed internet. I also know at least 5 families within 1 mile of my house that have also been waiting for a faster internet to use. I myself am getting tired of using Verizon dial up to browser the internet.

xxHopefulxx
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(3,868 Views)

Well, my situation is that Verizon is apparently renting the lines from my cable company and they bought out a different cable company and back then the lines didn't support DSL, so my cable company of Verizon needs to update them.  And when i called both of them they both told me the same thing that the lines do't support it.  I don't know if any of you are in the same situation but i have no idea what to do becuase i know of some other families around us who want DSL also.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.