DSL Availability
xxHopefulxx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live about 2-3 miles out of my town and we have had Dial-Up for over 15 years and we have Verizon phone.  I just want to know when Verizon plans on offering DSL because the cable company won't offer it out here also.  Please does anyone know?

0 Likes
Re: DSL Availability
LadyPraiser

I have been trying since November to get DSL.  The order always gets canceled a few days before it  is to be activated.  Two separate Verizon technicians have told me that either a bigger box has to be installed that services this road or d-loads pairs have to be installed.  I would love to know how we could get in touch with someone that has authority to authorize this to be done.  I know several families that have been wanting DSL.  Maybe Verizon needs to be completely out of business so the higher ups will listen to what their customers want.

0 Likes
Hesperus
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/telecom/2009-05-13-verizon-wireline-frontier_N.htm

I have not read the article below yet, but have it on good authority that this puts all kinds of stuff in limbo.  What I hear though is that Frontier wants to build a fiber network which is quite a lofty goal...

Also, this sale had a huge part of the workforce in WI taking lump sum retirement benefits creating a major shortage of workers.   

0 Likes
Sapient_Man

I have been wondering the same thing about my area. People like me who live about 5-6 miles out of the nearest town are hoping to get faster internet, but I know of a few neighbors around me that have high-speed internet. I also know at least 5 families within 1 mile of my house that have also been waiting for a faster internet to use. I myself am getting tired of using Verizon dial up to browser the internet.

0 Likes
xxHopefulxx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, my situation is that Verizon is apparently renting the lines from my cable company and they bought out a different cable company and back then the lines didn't support DSL, so my cable company of Verizon needs to update them.  And when i called both of them they both told me the same thing that the lines do't support it.  I don't know if any of you are in the same situation but i have no idea what to do becuase i know of some other families around us who want DSL also.

0 Likes