DSL Customer Service is HORRIBLE!!!
kelinpa

Let me start back over a week and a half ago...  My DSL light on my modem was flashing and i could not connect to the internet.   After a couple days of TRYING to talk to SOMEONE about this, i realize my home phone line had been disconnected..because it seems that when I logged into my verizon account online...i was actually into my DSL account?  Um..how does one know which account they actually pay on because you go tot he same site for both and NOTHING said it was for my DSL.  Anyhow..so my home phone is disconnected, and i'm assuming that's why i can't connect to the internet..even though my DSL bill wasn't late and was active.

When I could finally find an extra couple hours out of the day..i called.  I had TWO different techs assure me that my DSL had nothing to do with my home phone being shut off and there was a problem on THEIR end and would have to send a tech to my house.  At which time, they gave me a couple of days as options..i choose yesterday (thursday).  They said someone would be at my house between 8 am and 7 pm and that i needed to be home.  So, i take the day off work and basically sat home ALL DAY and NOBODY showed! 

I finally call them to see where the "tech" is?  And after speaking to the lady for about an hour and a half..find out that she showed NO record of a tech supposedly coming to my house..and that i didn't need a tech because my DSL had been listed as "dead" since my home phone was disconnected...EVEN THOUGH MY HOME PHONE HAD BEEN TURNED BACK ON FOR A WEEK!!!    
Make a long story short....now, i have to wait about 5 to 7 MORE business days because they have to "cancel" my current DSL...which takes a couple of days...and then "reorder" the DSL AGAIN which will take another couple of business days!   Now....my thing is ...why couldn't the first 10 people I spoke to over the last 6 days tell me that this was the problem????  I would've had my internet service back on by this point, and i sure the hell wouldn't have taken an entire day off work to sit and wait for someone who WASNT coming!! 

I pay Verizon approximately $400 a month for everything i have...and I feel that I got absolutely NO respect from anyone there!  I should be at least reimbursed for the two weeks of internet that I do NOT have!!!

0 Likes
Re: DSL Customer Service is HORRIBLE!!!
kelinpa

Oh...and i forgot to mention that over the last 7 days, i've been "disconnected" from the tech AFTER spending one to two hours with them explaining everything...and they do NOT EVER call you back!!!  Why the hell ask for a call back number, if you don't plan to use it when you get disconnected!

0 Likes
Re: DSL Customer Service is HORRIBLE!!!
Xanek

Sometimes you have to take command in the conversation instead of the agent since they may not care and if you take control then you have a better chance of better customer service

0 Likes