DSL Disconnecting Problems
PFitz44

I have noticed that my DSL gets disconnected every time my phone gets picked up.  Is this a common problem?  I only have one phone, and there is a filter installed on that line.  My DSL Modem manufacturer is Windriver Westell and the model is 6100F. 

I have also noticed that sometimes the modem all by itself will become disconnected.  Is this a common problem as well??

Any in site would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Fitzy

0 Likes
Re: DSL Disconnecting Problems
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Your modem should be on at all times.  Especially with incoming calls. 

Do you have the router and the phone plugged into the same jack?  If so you should have a Y splitter.  Make sure the filter is connected to the phone in one port, and the modem should be unfiltered.

If your setup is with 2 seperate jacks...again make sure the telephone has a filter...The modem should not have any filters.

If your trouble still persist...call and have a repairman dispatched out.

0 Likes
PFitz44
They are plugged into the same jack with a "Y" splitter.  there is a filter on the phone line only.  I'm going to try to replace the filter to see if that does anything.  If not, i am going to try to put the phone on a different jack to see what happens.
0 Likes
Dez4

I have the exact same problem for a couple of months.  I have a splitter and filters on two other lines, plus one on the Directv box too.

My problem started when I would pick up the call and then hung up, the DSL would drop connections.  Now I don't even have to pick up the call.  When the call stops ringing, the DSL drops temporarily.

I'll take any good advice.

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Dez4,

Try unplugging the phone line from the directtv box and see if the trouble still continues.

0 Likes