DSL Internet Drops, Tech Support it Terrible, Still have problems over a year now...
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

My DSL started to drop connection at random over a year ago so I called and complained.  They talked me into higher speed (3MB) to help with problem and sent new modem.  Didn't work, I have been online chat numerous times, called tech support numerous times, techs to my home numerous times, I keep getting bogus answers.  I'm not the only one on my street either, others are just sick of calling.  I'm sick of the useless scripted chat sessions and tech support that should just continue to look at one ticket instead of me wasting hours of my time repeating the same scenario over and over again.  I finally got through to someone in central office that fixed the problem in five minutes back in January and he increased my speed which apparently was being throttled, or "optimized as Verizon calls it."  The problem is back again.  I've been getting ripped off on a daily basis by Verizon and my internet still is not fixed and no one seems to care.  I filed a complaint with the EBB and Verizon just didn't respond so it got dropped.  At times my work requires me to have an internet connection so I need this and have no other options except sat. service.  I wish I could charge Verizon back for the huge number of hours I've wasted talking and waiting, let alone all the hours for lack of and slow internet connection.     

I'M SO SICK OF VERIZON AND THEIR TERRIBLE SUPPORT AND NEED THIS FIXED!!!!  MAYBE IT'S TIME FOR A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT!!!

0 Likes
Re: DSL Internet Drops, Tech Support it Terrible, Still have problems over a year now...
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MysteryB,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Internet Drops, Tech Support it Terrible, Still have problems over a year now...
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

MysteryB,

We've closed your private support thread as we have yet to hear back from you. If you need further support, please make a public post here and we'll reopen your case.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh that's great, I go on vacation and you close my case.  No it's stil not fixed, had to reboot the modem eight times yesterday alone.

0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can anyone else besides Verizon help me out with some suggestions?  Everything I read and people I talk to who are not Verizon tell me it's a problem with Verizon's equipment or the lines on the street.  I have to agree since most of my neighbors have the same issue.

0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cannot believe the number of unhappy customers I keep reading about with terrible service and support from Verizon.  Why doesn't anyone care?  They love to take the money and will shut you off if you don't pay.  When am I going to get my service fixed?  Filed BBB complaint and nothing. They came to my house for the sixth time this time making it worse than ever before.  Not once has anyone ever offered any compensation for all the time I've had problems or no internet at all.   This is outrageous!!!  I've never experianced anything like this in my life.

0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon forced me to go to 1.5 which will end up to be about .8 yesterday.  They flat out told me they will not do anything for me and their equipment can't handle all the new people on my street yet they're still selling 3.0 to everyone and then putting the "optimizer" on their lines to slow it down to 1.5.  How is that fair? 

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MysteryB,

We are not offering the 3mbps to any one else on your street. Sorry for all the trouble, but we can not get your speeds up to 3mpbs. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

-Rachel

0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's great, I've been there for 18 years and I'm the one that has to take a back seat to a slower connection to accomodate new people on my street, what a crock!!!!  The new people should be the ones that are forced to take a slower connection.  AS soon as a new carrier is brought in everything Verizon is going bye bye.  There are so many angry people it's not funny.  Great customer service.

0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, BTW, I've filed with BBB, FCC, Consumer Affairs, **bleep** Consumer, and you know what's next.  Hopefully more people will join me.  You're not getting away with this, it's fraud!!!

0 Likes