DSL Nightmare
JS2017
What a disaster of a company Verizon is.  This is what I've been trying to work through:

5 years ago - I begin renting my house. I transfer ownership of my DSL line to the tenant as we are told this is the only way to maintain the line.

Sometime prior to this year- Tenant gets 2nd DSL line

July 17 - Tenant calls Verizon to request account be transferred back to me effective 7/21 and his extra line cancelled. This is given a Work Order #. I call to confirm the transfer. From the calls each of us have made we have the understanding that the transfer is all set.

July 21 - Extra line goes dead as requested.

August 18 - Tenant has received bill for account, calls Verizon to clarify that the bill is erroneous, lines have been transferred to me. Verizon cancels account without telling anyone. DSL and phone service ends.

August 19-21 - I call Verizon to find out what's happened. Get run around, asked for PIN, told the account wasn't transferred, told that the Work Order # from July has expired and there is no information on it, and that the account can't get transferred without all 3 parties on the line(Would have been nice if this was mentioned by either rep we spoke to in July). Eventually told an engineering request would be put in the next morning and rep would call me back to confirm.

August 22 - No call received. I call to see the status of the engineering request. I find that is was put in, but told it takes 24-48 hours to process. Told to restore DSL will not be an issue since service was previously available, ports need to be opened, expect a call at the end of that 48 hours about getting this done.

August 24 - No call is received. I call to see the status of the request and am told the issue has been escalated. Told that it will take 3 business days to get the engineering request complete(previously told this would take 24-48 hours, now 3 business days). Rep promises to personally return my call at this time.

August 29 - No Call is received. I call at end of business day to get an update. I speak to a manager who tells me it takes 30-90 days to get an engineering request completed. I am not given a name, or work order number. Rep promises to update me on status.

This entire situation is absurd and unnecessary. Literally in every communication my tenant and I have had with Verizon, we have been given information that is incorrect. This entire situation could have been avoided if the transfer had been completed as was promised. Noone contacted us on 7/21 to say it hadn't been transferred. All of the reps I've spoken to over the last week and a half as given me different information, often contradicting previous information.

Has anyone had any luck reaching out to Verizon Engineering? Or luck expediting a DSL Engineering request?
0 Likes
Re: DSL Nightmare
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JS2017,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes