DSL Outages WHY
Givemecable
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay I am what I thought was a patient man, spent over an hour on phone with Wella today, she helped resolve my DSL issues with her advanced team, great!!!, well after she hung up that lasted 10 minutes and it went out again,  so I waited, then finally called back, another  "techie" came on, said she had to put me on hold to see what the issue was again, well put phone on speaker and waited 20+ mi9nutes with  no one coming back on line and phone line going back to dial tone, WTH!!!!!!!,  my time is valuable also, perhaps I should deduct $1.00 off this months bill for every 15 seconds I waited on line today and all the other days my HSI  DSl has been out and not working, I fugure Verizon OWES ME LOTS of money, no need to play the lotto,  they either need to replace the equipment or do not offer the service if it cannot work right , I had a cable modem from another provider for years, NEVER , I repeat NEVER did I have an outage!!!!!!!, I belive next time this goes out time to go back, , and switch everything to another servic, phones, cell phones etc etc etc, Horrible Customer service!  They did say they were going to give me  some $$$ back for down time....ha, we shall see, they have been saying that since April 2012.................

Re: DSL Outages WHY
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

While I agree that time is valuable, I have a hard time believing it's worth $250/hour.

Since you haven't provided any information about what was wrong or what was done to fix it the first time, there's not much the rest of us on this peer-to-peer support forum can do to help.

0 Likes
bobbyjoanne
Enthusiast - Level 2

hope u get it resolved soon..we ran out of patience a few days ago and went to TWC triple play..for now anyway...the customer service for both Verizon and Time Warner both suk though, just glad t have my phone working again after one month without it ..good luck 2 ya Smiley Wink

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your service is going out, the next time it goes down immediately look at the lights on your modem to see what they are doing. Tell us what the Internet, Ethernet (maybe Wireless) and especially what the DSL lights are doing. That will let us clue into where the problem is.

In addition, your modem's Transceiver statatistics are helpful. Finally, how is your voice service quality-wise? Does it sound noisy or staticy or is it nice and clear as voice should be?

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from your modem:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of that RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes