Re: DSL - Periodic inability to connect to random websites
Khamil97
It was driving me crazy too.  I kept checking settings and trying different sites and nothing worked.  I was just relieved to see it was not just my problem.  Now we wait for Verizon to fix it Robot surprised
0 Likes
dawnie1970
I am unable to connect to random sites as well, including LiveJournal and Wikipedia.  Has there been any word from Verizon how long this problem will last?  Who should I contact to speak about it?
0 Likes
dawnie1970
Any word on when this will be fixed?  Is there anything we should do on our end?  Should I contact Verizon as well?
0 Likes
Re: Page won't load HELP!!!!- High Speed
dawnie1970
I can't access several sites either, any work on help???
0 Likes
msapusek

This has been happening the past few hours for all customers on Verizon in this region.  Seems to be a router issue on the east coast somewhere or perhaps multiple routers as well.  Many sites don't load and changing DNS servers does not help - traceroutes show most sites dying right after a router in DC.

We have been on the phone with clients etc. all morning.  Everyone is having this issue it seems with various sites.

All we have heard is that Verizon is working on it.

Also if you call tech support they are just going to have you power cycle your modem a couple of times and tell you it is on your end or the site you are trying to get to is down - it's not - we have a friend using comcast and I had him test every site that our systems says down on and they are all up 🙂

0 Likes
Khamil97
Wait a minute.  I know their deal with power cycling the router, which by the way is such a waste of money to pay those people, anyway, does that mean that Verizon is working on it???????
0 Likes
Drako_Tags

This is Drako in Bellevue, WA-Right across the STREET from Mircosoft.

Having the same problem here, and it also affects access to websites I OWN and operate, which include my own community site that hosts my e-mail.

I also cannot access CNN.com and access to Google is SLOW or DEAD.

The first thought that came to my mind was "Oh snap, they are violating Net Neutrality" after I noticed typing google.com took me to Microsoft's BING website.

The problem seems to have just begun here, my roomate, up until now was able to be on YouTube and SecondLife, now not even those are working.

I need access to my site to be able to check my e-mail, I hope they fix this fast-otherwise I won't receive my e-bill from them when it comes.

0 Likes
Drako_Tags

Could the "router issue" noted above on the DSL system in our region possibly be due to the changeover from Verizon to Frontier and their goons??

0 Likes
eyager

It appears that one of the major backbone connections verizon uses has failed.  I don't know if the rest of the world is affected or just verizon. 

My traceroute shows that packets are stopping at as0-0.CHI01-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net or CH13.ALTER.NET  and for most of the hosts I want to connect to. The websites that work are the ones that have datacenters in Chicago, or are huge enough to get verizon to route packets to them through their preferred route.   Getting beyond chicago is flakey at best.   Whatever alternate routes are available are severely overloaded.

0 Likes
ngs321

My solution was to call another provider and get off DSL... they arrive tomorrow for the install.  Sorry but I have low tolerance for service outages and poor customer service.  I have not seen any communication to customers notifying us of anyhting that is going on. 

0 Likes