DSL Prices
DamonTA

Can someone explain to me why Verizon is charging us 81/month for DSL? We don't have any other option save for Satellite... in areas with FIOS or Xfinity, 80 dollars gets you a helluva lot more than what I get now (2 days to download an XBOX game - 2 full days!). 

Look - it was my choice to live where I live, but when I moved there you only charged me 30 dollars a month for DSL and it was worth it. In less than two years, it has more than doubled, speed remains the same, and near as we can tell there is no intent to bring better access to our neighborhood... so back to my question - if you aren't going to update the network out where we live, are you just trying to find out how much we are willing to pay? Is your end-state everyone leaving the DSL network so you can abandon it? Just be honest with us, I'm happy with 80 bucks a month if I see trucks putting in FIOS, but for what I have now... come on Verizon, you are better than this. 

0 Likes
Re: DSL Prices
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

There's a lot of speculation, but the tell tale sign is that Verizon wants to abandon the DSL networks and push any future expansion onto a wireless network. FiOS will be where it's already built or nearby.

$80/m is a bit excessive for DSL. At most $43/m is what that should be running, unless you happen to be factoring in the cost of a landline as well.

0 Likes