DSL Service Ready Date takes THREE WEEKS?
CharlieE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you serious?  I called Verizon to get phone service and DSL service, TWO WEEKS before I was supposed to move.  They were both to be installed on May 1st.  The phone line WAS installed on that day, so I have no problems with Verizon Home Residential Phone Service.  It is the DSL Service that I am having problems with.

You see, they told me that it would take a week, from the date that I moved in, to be turned on.  When I originally spoke to them, they weren't sure if I would be able to get the service...even though I moved ONE street over.  The lady then told me that it was either going to be upstairs or downstairs, but that only ONE of the floors would have it.  That is fine with me, since I go wireless with my laptop anyways.  I said, alright, that's no problem.

I move in.  Phone service is turned on.  I get the DSL modem about three days after I moved in.  I waited until the 7th and it still wasn't on.  I called them, to find out the SRD and went through the automated system.  It told me the 21st!  I then spoke to a "lady", who told me the same thing.  I told her what I was told...ONE WEEK, and that I informed my online professors on that.  Well, she just said that it was the 21st and that there was nothing that she could do and that someone had to come out and take a look.  I told her how I am a NEW customer and I am already dealing with this trouble, and that it takes THREE WEEKS for someone to come out?  She couldn't answer that question.  My room mate had it installed in our old place and it took a while, but she was able to get them to come out earlier and install it, so that I would not miss any schooling.  I told this "lady" that I was going to use Time Warner UNTIL the DSL came in and then I IMMEDIATELY called them, which is how I am on the internet now.  Time Warner was even shocked at that.

Why is getting DSL taking so long and why is it so hard?  Why can't the DSL department follow their own information that they give out?  I am really disappointed here.

0 Likes