DSL Start-Up Problems
Charkles
Enthusiast - Level 2

1.  What "service name" should be entered in the DSL connection setup? For instance, is it "Verizon.net? I have everything installed but have not been able to make a DSL connection.  I get an error message 815 which says to check the ISP for the correct service name. Verizon's online chat people can't help. After three sessions with Ramji, Jaspreet and Ranjit I'm left with no help from Verizon.

2.  Is it possible that Vista Home Premium OS is an inherent problem?  At one point in the download, it told me that I had Vista 6.0 which was not adequate to handle the DSL.  It said I needed Vista or XP, etc.  Of course I have Vista.

It's just so frustrating having spent dozens of hours and not getting the DSL up and running.  I've waited three years for the service to become available in the rural area where I live. 

Would appreciate any advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DSL Start-Up Problems
Charkles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Provider7,

A Verizon Technician came out to the house  today.  He spent spent about two hours on the phone with other techs.  Finally got connected for the first time.  One problem was at the equipment end, not allowing a signal to my house.  The other was just getting the modem / router to sync with my computer.  Apparently Vista operating systems have more connection problems.  Thanks again for your very helpful advice.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

First, is the Dsl light steady for blinking?  If it's solid and you have your ethernet cord hooked up from your computer to the router stert by resetting your router with the little button onthe back of the router....Now you can go to create your account by going to https://activatemydsl.verizon.net

If your Dsl light is blinking, then there are issues that need to be dealt with...like why isn't the signal getting to the modem?

Message Edited by Provider7 on 01-04-2009 08:46 PM
0 Likes
Charkles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have done several resets.  Ethernet connected.  Westell 7500 modem / router.  DSL light is blinking green.  "E4" and "Wireless" are flickering green.  Thank you for your advice.  So far none of the Verizon tech people have indicating any problem with the lights, even tho I gave them the information.  Now I guess I'll have to call the 800-567-6789 help line again and ask about the DSL light.  It may be that since this is a brand new service in our area, our connection is bad.

Still would like to have someone tell me what Service Name to enter into the connection dialog box.  I'm getting a system notice that the service name may be the error.

Good to have some friends out there.

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Charkles,

The blinking dsl light indicates that you have no internet service...it's not getting.  You will need a technician dispatched out to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Charkles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  I'll report back when I get a tech out here in the snow & ice-covered Wisconsin bluffs.

{Edited due to removal of prior post without text}

Message Edited by KaLin on 01-05-2009 01:57 PM
0 Likes
Charkles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Provider7,

A Verizon Technician came out to the house  today.  He spent spent about two hours on the phone with other techs.  Finally got connected for the first time.  One problem was at the equipment end, not allowing a signal to my house.  The other was just getting the modem / router to sync with my computer.  Apparently Vista operating systems have more connection problems.  Thanks again for your very helpful advice.

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Glad to help  .Smiley Wink
0 Likes