Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

DSL Throttled

SOLVED
markstvn
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: DSL Throttled

Message 11 of 11
(597 Views)

I just had a 3 hour ordeal on the phone with Verizon to get them to rewire a piece of equipment at their processing center.  I have been getting 2.8 megs for years, and .85 up.  Now that they fixed my internet I'm down to 1.5 and .35.  How do I go about getting them to reset and get rid of this Optimizer so that I get what I have always had.  I have a second line at this location using a another private dsl provider which gets 4.2 and 1.  I would switch both lines over to the other provider, and went so far as to buy the domain over a year ago to keep my email, but I have been hesitant due to all of the problems I have read about from people who have lost their email despite buying the keep my email/domain thing.  I hate this company with a passion.  Their support is terrible.  

The bottom line is that I am being throttled now, I know my line is clean and will support almost twice the speed I"m getting.  How do I get it back to normal, and get rid of the optimizer.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title