DSL/Wireless Problems
KevinRyan10

Hello All,

Today I just bought a brand new Cisco Linksys E3000 Router. It works like a charm, It set up great and I am thrilled. I only have one problem with my network right now and its the fact that I can't be on the wired computer (which has the Modem (verizon Model 6100) and the new router on it) and the xbox 360 online at the same time I would say that the problem could be the Router but the same thing happened on an older Linksys model I had before. Also, I called Verizon not that long ago and asked them to do a speed test and they said that I was running extremly fast (both download and upload speed). Also, I can be on the wired computer and a laptop just fine with no problems. I'm thinking that my modem is not made to connect to a router because I am running a ethernet cable from the router to the modem and then the router to the computer.

Any advice would be appreciated....THANKS!!!

Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: DSL/Wireless Problems
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the E3000 go to Status -> Local Network.

#2 What is the DHCP Range?

#3 In the E3000 go to Status -> Router.

#4 One of the IP Address(es) in there is the same IP Address that is at http://whatismyipaddress.com/

?

#5 In the E3000 go to Administration -> Management

#6 If you do not have at least two game consoles behind this router, turn off UPnP in the router.

By game console, a special type of computer with no keyboard or mouse (and it/they are usually connected to a TV).

0 Likes
Re: DSL/Wireless Problems
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

Plug the ethernet cable from the modem into the wireless router.  Any computer you wish to use with an ethernet cable should also be plugged into one of the sockets on the back of the router.  It does not matter which one you use.  I believe there are four available on the rear of the router.  This will allow multiple ethernet connected devices as well as wireless devices.