DSL billing issues due to voice services termination
Sally_with_a_Y

I am extremely frustrated with Verizon. After a few years of unresolved issues with call quality I decided to try voice over IP. While researching, I called Verizon and asked if my DSL account would be affected by removing voice services. I was assured it would not be affected because it was a separate account. In mid-August, I signed up with Vonage and selected to transfer my current telephone number. A few days later, I received a message from Verizon stating that I needed to call within 7 days if I wanted to keep my DSL service. I promptly called and a polite woman assured me the message was a mistake and confirmed that I had High Speed Internet Enhanced Plan at 26.99/month. However, on September 12, I could not connect to the internet, only to a web page that said my service was disconnected and it directed me to call Verizon. I called immediately and spoke to a woman who was not helpful and said my service was disconnected due to non-payment. I explained I was on the EasyPay plan and had already paid for service through September 16. She put me on hold and then transferred me to a Business Services department that was closed for the day so the call was automatically disconnected. I called back and spoke to a more helpful man who confirmed my account was paid in full. He apologized for the trouble and re-instated my internet service, but he said he could see a note that the account was disconnected due to non-payment, although he could not figure out why, so he told me to call back the next day and speak to someone in the Business Department. The number he gave me was incorrect and the person I spoke to gave me a different number to call.  I spoke to another very polite woman and she said the disconnection was a mistake and confirmed that my account was paid in full and that these issues sometimes happened when you remove voice services because you are now on  a "dry loop."  She said this causes the system to disconnect the account and said they had no control over this at their end. She assured me that my internet service would not be disconnected again, confirmed I was on the High Speed Internet Enhanced Plan at 26.99/month, and told me the issues were all resolved and I would receive a refund for the removal of the voice services. A few days later I received a bill showing the removal of voice services, with the refund to follow. However, I received another bill a few days after that for the internet account, now showing that I owed more than $50—the breakdown of charges made no sense, showing removal of internet services for several different ranges of days, along with addition of services for the same ranges.  I called Verizon CS again and spoke to another nice man who unfortunately could not seem to help me. He explained that, although the internet plan was a separate account from the voice services, it was originally connected to the voice telephone number. Since that number no longer existed in the system, the system had to remove my internet account and create a new account. He said that the rate I was previously receiving—including the corporate discount I had received—was not available, so my service plan was changed to the current monthly rate available. He said that grandfathered plans could not be re-added to accounts once they were removed, and that not even a supervisor could fix this. At my insistence, he continued to look for my previous rate, and when he discovered it did still exist, he attempted to select it for my account but told me the system showed that it was already selected. He said it must have been fixed. I asked about the bill I received and asked if those charges would be corrected. I explained that when I accessed the account online, it did not show any charges being due but also did not show me having any services—telephone or internet. He said that was because I had a new account number which I would need to register again online. He could not tell me if the charges had been corrected but said we would need to wait until the next billing cycle to see. When I attempted to go online and register the new account, I got an error message stating that the account was already registered, so I still cannot see if the charges have been corrected.  And to add to that, my internet service has slowed to a crawl--under 1Mbps-- I'm wondering if they accidentally changed my plan again. My account seems to be in a state of flux and leaves me wondering why I should bother with Verizon at all anymore.

0 Likes
Re: DSL billing issues due to voice services termination
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Sally_with_a_Y

As of today,  no one from Verizon has explained how or if they can or will resolve any of my issues:

1. I cannot access all of my account information online—I can only see old billing information and do not have access to my current services. I need it fixed so that I have full access to my account online.
  2. On 10/11, I contacted an agent on Live Chat due to the slowdown in my DSL speed, who informed me that my DSL plan was downgraded to the lowest speed tier on 9/30. I did NOT request this change and want it corrected.
  3. My most recent bill indicates I am being charged the same amount for the incorrectly downgraded service as I was previously being charged for the faster speeds. This is unacceptable and should be corrected, as I was previously told by Verizon that removing my voice services would not affect my DSL account.

I was instructed by private message through this forum to fill out a form so that someone could contact me. The form prompted me to indicate my preferred method of contact and I selected to be contacted via e-mail. The form submission page indicated I would be contacted within one business day. I was not contacted within the expected time range, so I sent a private message to Anthony and was told they could not locate my account and instructed to submit the form again with my previous telephone number. After filling out the form a second time on 10/12 but receiving no response within the expected time range, I filled out the form a third time on 10/18. This time I added my mailing address as well and repeated all of the information I had supplied previously, and I sent an additional private message requesting to be contacted within the expected time frame. I received a voice-mail from Sharon on 10/19 “Calling in reference to the concern about the billing for the dry loop DSL”—no apology or hint of a resolution to any of my issues. Since I could only reach her voice-mail(she did not provide me with an e-mail address), I left a message on 10/21 indicating I should be contacted via e-mail, referring her to the form for my e-mail address, but I have received no response from her, either by phone or by e-mail.

On 10/24, I received a paper bill showing a partial credit applied to last month’s service, but the bill shows the current DSL service tier and associated charges have not been corrected. On 10/26, I received an e-mail from Verizon Customer Service regarding the partial credit indicating: “We have processed your request for a credit to your Verizon account.” Although I appreciate receiving a credit, albeit less than I would have expected, I requested that specific problems be fixed and nothing has been fixed at this point. Frankly, this situation has prompted me to look at the many other available service providers and consider closing my account with Verizon. Although I have been a Verizon customer for more than 12 years, I will not be a return customer if this situation continues to be handled so poorly.

0 Likes
Sally_with_a_Y

Does anyone know who is the current executive vice president in charge of Verizon Telecom Communications??

It has been 5 months since my problems began and so far the only help I have received has been to receive two partial credits on my account. However, NONE of the account issues have been resolved. To date, no one has explained why I was mysteriously moved from the DSL speed tier for which I signed up to the lowest speed tier available without my knowledge or consent--a problem which has NOT been corrected or even addressed. The Potomac Sales Support agent I had been communicating with via e-mail stopped returning my e-mail at the beginning of January after referring me to the Verizon Ecenter to fix ONE issue. Although I left a detailed message after multiple failed attempts to call the Verizon Ecenter, no one has bothered to return my telephone message or contact me in any other way since I left the message in January.

Frankly, I feel it's time to inform the executives who preside over these departments exactly how mismanaged their teams appear to be and why they will most likely lose my business.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@Sally_with_a_Y wrote:

Does anyone know who is the current executive vice president in charge of Verizon Telecom Communications??

It has been 5 months since my problems began and so far the only help I have received has been to receive two partial credits on my account. However, NONE of the account issues have been resolved. To date, no one has explained why I was mysteriously moved from the DSL speed tier for which I signed up to the lowest speed tier available without my knowledge or consent--a problem which has NOT been corrected or even addressed. The Potomac Sales Support agent I had been communicating with via e-mail stopped returning my e-mail at the beginning of January after referring me to the Verizon Ecenter to fix ONE issue. Although I left a detailed message after multiple failed attempts to call the Verizon Ecenter, no one has bothered to return my telephone message or contact me in any other way since I left the message in January.

Frankly, I feel it's time to inform the executives who preside over these departments exactly how mismanaged their teams appear to be and why they will most likely lose my business.

0 Likes
Sally_with_a_Y

Frankly, having someone contact me by private message did absolutely nothing to resolve my issues last time and I'm no longer interested in dealing with agents who cannot actually answer the questions I ask. I asked specifically for the name of the executive vice president who presides over these departments and I would appreciate it if you could answer the question I asked.

0 Likes
Sally_with_a_Y

Executive Support is apparently ineffectual for Virginia customers. After contacting them and receiving a case#{edited for privacy} and being told someone could contact me via e-mail, I played phone tag for several weeks before eventually speaking to two separate persons from the Customer Relations Team who were supposed to be helping me with the billing and internet speed service issues. Neither had e-mail capability, and although they left me multiple messages saying they could help me, neither was actually helpful once I spoke with them in person. Every time I spoke with them, I had to repeat the details of my case--neither could apparently take or read any notes. On 4/20/12, I was told there was no way to fix my account by reverting it back to its previous state, regardless of the fact that I had been misled and my account had been changed without authorization. I was told that the only thing to "fix" it was to sign up for one of the current offers available. On that day, I was transferred to the Sales Retention department, who I had to explain the situation to yet again. The representative in the Sales Retention Department first told me he could "upgrade" my DSL speed if I added voice services to my account, but then he claimed my account was not eligible for the speed I was previously receiving(1.1-3Mbps)and he could not explain why. Although our conversation ended with the understanding that he could not help me and he asked me to remain on the line while he added notes to my account to that effect, he somehow managed to sign me up for a voice-plan I specifically declined.

When I discovered the new unauthorized plan had been added to my account and spoke to someone else in Sales Retention on 5/4/12, I was told all unauthorized changes and the associated charges would be removed and was then told my account WAS eligible for the 1.1-3Mbps plan. The representative then quoted me a bundle for High Speed Internet Enhanced+Economy Message voice service for 42.49 per month plus taxes. I was told this voice plan had no monthly usage fee, there would only be a charge of 7.50 per month for dial tone and I would be charged .10 per call. This representative actually seemed helpful and appeared to be able to fix the issues, so I accepted his offer and was given a confirmation number of {edited for privacy}. However, I discovered later that not only was I being charged more than the quoted amount for this plan, none of the charges for the unauthorized services had been removed--they actually transferred the charges from the old account to the new account.

The only person who appears to have succesfully helped me is a representative in the Verizon E-Center in Florida, who did have e-mail capability and who actually managed to get my on-line profile corrected for a few days. Unfortunately, Verizon apparently corrupted the profile again when they made changes to the services on my account and my EasyPay has ceased to function yet again.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We have not heard back from you on the private thread that was created for us to assist you. If you still need assistance, please make a new post so we can provide assistance.

0 Likes
Sally_with_a_Y

I was unaware of any private thread, as I have received no private messages or e-mails since my last post to notify me of this. My issues have not been resolved as of yet and I am currently attempting to resolve these through the Customer Advocacy Department at this time.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

Reply to the thread there, and it will re-open your case with the agent.

0 Likes