DSL connection continually dropping and reconnecting
LRB

I have been having this problem for a long time with my Westell 227 modem which is connected to my PC upstairs, I also use it for wireless for my laptop downstairs. It is most often my laptop that the connection drops whenever I try to upload a lot of photos to be developed or to back up my laptop at night. I  saw a post the other day in the forum that said "the problem has been corrected by changing the channel from '6' to '11' and now the wireless is constant. Could someone explain to me what the 'channel' is, where it is and how you change it.

Verizon told me to connect my laptop to the tower of my PC when I want to do a backup but this is a very inconvenient solution and not a total solution since I now have noticed that the connection drops on the PC as well, just not as often. 

I was also wondering if one of those sticks that you buy to connect to the internet when you are out and about with your laptop would solve the problem with the laptop? Or is there a better modem available?Or maybe just change from Verizon to another provider.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes